ForumsSupport ForumJumping in from the community page

12 2476
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, I can tell that some people really don't care about this, but when you get on a thread straight from the community page, it goes straight to the last post, and I'd like to be able to go straight to the first page if it's a thread I haven't seen yet. It's really not a big deal. They could make it like on the category lists, where it just says the thread name and then "last post". Would any of you guys like that?

• 12 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You do make a point.This things are sometimes are called Lost Threads.But why wan to if you already know what you anted to know.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think that might be helpful.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well so you really think a one less click for a suggestion would really be helpful?

Maybe an option to go to the first page or last.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well so you really think a one less click for a suggestion would really be helpful?

Yeah, I know, it's just kind of annoying to have to go to the first page after being put in the last one.

Maybe an option to go to the first page or last.

That's pretty much what I was saying. The thread name itself could go to the first page, and the "last post" would go to the last post, like in the categories themselves.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Ahh, I see what you are saying. This is an interesting idea, and if enough people think this is an issue, I can bring it up as a suggestion for the developer.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I actually think this is a very good idea. It does get just a little bit annoying to wait for the last page of the thread to load if you're gonna go to the first page a moment after anyway.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ish i kind of like it actually. Because often you have read the topic, and you are in a debate, so you just want to go to the back and read you're opponents post.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oopsie i meant to say i did not like the idea.

My apologies for the double post.

<.>

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The idea is great i agree with you shark

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ricador, the suggestion is not to replace the 'go to last post' function, it is to add the possibility of going to the beginning of the thread. Which means it would work just like the 'Topic title'/'last post in topic' buttons inside the forums.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I personally think this would realy make things a lot less of a hassle and more comfortable. I like this idea a lot.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Well, I can tell that some people really don't care about this, but when you get on a thread straight from the community page, it goes straight to the last post, and I'd like to be able to go straight to the first page if it's a thread I haven't seen yet. It's really not a big deal. They could make it like on the category lists, where it just says the thread name and then "last post". Would any of you guys like that?

Ahh, I see what you are saying. This is an interesting idea, and if enough people think this is an issue, I can bring it up as a suggestion for the developer.

Yeh great idea Shark this would make it a little easier to get to the topic instead of having to wait for a while if your screen gets frozen or something i thing tha it should bring you 2 the front page of the thread. Great idea Shark!!!!
Showing 1-12 of 12