ForumsSupport ForumAn ArmorGames Birthday Present!

42 6124
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hello!

I thought, since my birthday is coming up, what if we got a present of AP on the day of our birthday!

This would be cool!

Yes, I know, then people would change their birthdates so that they would get lots of AP...So, I thought...

What if you got 25 AP every year on the day that you joined?

So I would get 25 AP on the 1st of January Next Year!

What do you think?

KIngRyan

• 42 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I like the idea I have to say!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I actually think this is a great idea

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

*tries to think of cons*

Let's see, well spammers would just make new accoun.... no, that doesn't fit. People might hack the system to change the dat... no, I assume Admin has some nice, neat security features. Hm.

I must say, I do like the idea a lot. A sort of 'Anniversary' gift. Coding it might be a problem though, but it's still a really nice thought I'd enjoy it a lot.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

Nice thinking about the day you joined not the day it's your birthday,KingRyan!!!
I LOVE that idea!XD

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

And there should have to be something that you have to click on to get it, that is only there on the day, so that you have to stay active!

That would be real dedication!

KIngRyan

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Hmmmmm.... the only Con i can think about for this idea is that about %2 of AG will still be gettng on there accounts. more then likely you will quit before you reach a year.......

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yep! I'll still be here!

Maybe we should change it to a special Armatar...but you get awarded it by a Mod for being active all year...

I'm just thinking up gifts for myself here BTW!

KIngRyan

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

It's not really a *bad* idea... At first I thought you meant AP on your birthday, which would be a *really* bad idea, since you can change your age. An anniversary present might be interesting, though if *everyone* gets another 25 AP on their anniversary, then that just bumps everyone up, and doesn't add to the competitive nature of AP.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I think I'll be here for a year Chaze!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I really like this idea =) It would be cool to reward people who are active on the site for such a long time. Takes a lot of dedication!

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

how about a random amout from 20ap-100ap on the anniversary to keep up competion

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

how about a random amout from 20ap-100ap on the anniversary to keep up competion

No, it would need to be consistent. Otherwise people would get upset that someone got more than they did.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

and doesn't add to the competitive nature of AP.

Competitive? AG? Can they be used in the same sentence? Most users chat their way to the top anyway, so I think no one needs to worry about it :P
jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

carlie you mods are too soft lol lots of site do this .
and if u play rpg they all do it with money

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

carlie you mods are too soft lol lots of site do this .

That's probably why this wasn't implemented from the start -- AG is about being unique, not some generic flash gaming website.
Showing 1-15 of 42