ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4141099
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

XD at the one Cen! That was really funny.
Can I post art? Although its not related to the theme.
Thank you! ;D
Presenting a preview to myself:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9913/image5usa.png
Okay! That was it.

Ich bin nicht schön mit euch, Zega.
*mumbles something else in another language*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Strop is still mocking him with being gay, I am pretty sure that did not help anything > >
Next preview tomorrow, me thinks.

And you speak German, Ogt? Now, if it was not for the annoying special sign....

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Let me fix that last part:
German: Ich bin nicht nett zu Ihnen, Zega.
Dutch: En uw bijdrage is zeer raster.
Slovenian: No, razen, da se to stori. Se vidiva!
French: Maintenant, qui m'aime me suive!
English: I fizzled your brains back there.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Ach, nein Shenere, ich spreche kein Deutsch.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh, and random note: That is the first time I have been able to draw him that naked. I am still working on it, though... Funny, as I was able to draw Lyra naked from the start... Cen is annoying - -

Nice one, Ogt. And once again realizing how much I should read up on my German. And English... And then all the languages I want to learn...

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Yay Cenere! ...English? Don't you speak English? -.-
When you said "Nice one", are you talking about the art (me) or about my german? :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I do speak English, but it is not my first language, which means it is a little rusty both when I write, but especially when I speak...
And the German. Really~ The entry as well, but I will comment more on that when I get to the judging.
For the other drawing... Hmm... Not sure where to start with that, other than it looks good?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

[b]Of Dragons and Nonsense: The Reinterpretation of Traditional Roles in a Modern Subculture Based upon Crass Humor by Playing upon Audience Expectations with False Semblance to Wit[b]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/themodernfairytalerpgbossmonster.gif

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh the fail in translating...

I don't know Danish, and apparently, neither does Google Translator. >.<
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Raido
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9406/raido.jpg

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm well here is my entry...for now.(as a note my colors on PhotoShop were screwed up so I had to make some odd color choices for this entry)

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/SasquatchsAdventure.png

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Aren't the medieval items in Ogt's entry from RuneScape? We can take images from copyrighted websites?

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Ich spreche Deutsch =P. And Ogt2 your entry is Runescape. Did you really draw that yourself?( sieht sehr nach kopierten Bildern aus) <- only Germans understand that.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

guys even though that is a Rune Scape reference, last time I saw the Rune Scape graphics, the art in this piece does not match. Also I have never seen a dragon sword hanging on a wall, with a helmet on top of a shield that has a gold trim, but the most important detail was the strings holding up the wooden bed thing that the runes are all on. It looks like it was drawn with a line tool of some sort, so obviously it was hand drawn,as well as the lines on the helmet are not black, and the lines act like they were drawn with a vector brush in flash or something with the way they are straight, and smooth but none of them are distributed equally, but apparently its so accurate that you guys can't tell the difference.(Truthfully I used to be one of those crazy lvl 64 people who stopped playing after he beat all the quests and didn't want to pay money each month, so I guess I played it for quite a while back in the day) Although Ubertuna yours well....I looked up Raido and yours looks exactly like the original(with an outer glow and a black background). Although it is a fairly simple image so I guess it would be easy to replicate....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Runic_letter_raido.png

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think that Ogt2 actually drew that...but I can't really be sure. I haven't played Runescape in aaaaagggesss. There's probably a good reason for that!

Ermmm....Yo si muerdo.

Showing 4261-4275 of 6854