ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4258573
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Crime....difficult.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

But I'll admit that some think two brush strokes and fifty filters means they've made a drawing, and that I think those people are wrong.

Hmm....you mean LIKE THIS!!!!!
The Omega Pause Button of Pure Fail

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/TheFilters.png

....yeah....anyways waiting for judging...hope I don't get ninja'd by it.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

...yeah....anyways waiting for judging...hope I don't get ninja'd by it.

hmm you know I don't know how,but I didn't even see this whole entire page...well I guess I could blame the Pause button of pure fail for that, but anyways I should get to work on my entry...today or tomorrow...depending on how much work I have to do for school.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

*bashes in a bruise-less place*

Soooo. . .you attack me for not doing something I actually did, then you make it better by attacking me more? Makes perfect sense >_>
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

See, this is why I am not supposed to make lighthearted and joking posts....
You make too many srs and depressed posts for me to realize when you're trying to joke..

Also, that may have been the most typo'd judging post evah.

Recent: meant resent...

hmm you know I don't know how,but I didn't even see this whole entire page...
XD Mga fail~

Hmm....you mean LIKE THIS!!!!!
Yes!

Soooo. . .you attack me for not doing something I actually did, then you make it better by attacking me more? Makes perfect sense >_>
Art, Music and Writing section logic!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Art, Music and Writing section logic!

Actually, your statement was veritably unsane. try the Neverending Story if you're unsane enough. And nao I'm bweediiiiing. . .Zoph. . .modviolence. I guess it's legal in the art forum. Then again, if -mods- are offtopic and non-PG 13 here, then who knows what the hell will happen. I should practice in GiMP and make an AMW character. . .I suck at anything but hand-drawing though.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

CRIME EH?

Hellz yeh. And I can't wait to get going on mine. But for now, I have to catch some zzz. If I don't get my sleep, I'm like a furious hurricance.
WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

oh man, i lost, but where did i get the extra merit if i lost?

*sigh*, i guess i have to make another one....again....

crime, i wonder how will that work, its hard to come up with a theme...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

WOA THE INSANE GLITCH IS GONE.

Or at least it only took me to a blank page with the usual amount of page links this time~<3

And lul.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Paris Hilton? lulz
Still working on mine

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I bring to you, my friends, BLOBIOUS!
But first, here's his backstory with a tl;dr.

Yes, it's an actual character I have, I've had him for a while but couldn't exactly get his essence I wanted on paper until now. So here's his backstory:

Blobious came from a meteor from the asteroid belt. He started off as just a little oozy thing with two deep depressions in his lime green body that he calls eyes. He's devoid from all memories, but doesn't even notice he has amnesia. The first thing he see's is a comic book, Superman, and he reads it carefully and intentfully while it's in him (he picks things up by "Glorping" It into him, where he can better interact with it). Finding that Superman is a superhero, the first thing he wants to do is to become a superhero himself!

So he does, he attacks a mugger and steals his bandana after suffocating him with his goo, and he made a cape out of it. He then stole a boy scout badge from a boy scout trying to sell him cookies. Thus blobious was born.

Blobious may look like a cute crime fighter, but he's not as good at his job than he may think. He's actually a terrible crime fighter, as most criminals can get away without him noticing. Little kids like to hug him, but most of the time accidentally gets glorped in. Blobious lives in a box yet saves enough money to give to charity. How he gets all his money? Well, when he swishes/rolls around the ground, he picks up all sorts of nice things, dollar bills, coins, and one time a few pieces of gold that fell from a young womans window.

Blobious is good at heart, just a little dim-witted. He can speak english, but it took him near a year just to say "Blobious". He doesn't know much else besides his alien language, of which his race is on earth, hiding deep under the sea or in caves/caverns. Most Blorbussus (Blobious' species) can transform into just about anything they want, but sadly blobious has none of those powers due to his terrible loss of memory.

Blobious normally looks tired but is just normally distracted, like the piece of gun he accidentally glorped up or the fly on a mans head.

tl;dr: Blobious is a cute superhero but isn't very good at his job.
now the image!
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs43/i/2009/139/4/6/Blobious___ASC_by_Thoadthetoad.jpg

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

I got first?!!!!! *falls over dead from shock*

Many thanks ^_^

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I have only 'whut' to say to this one. Normally your entries are flying high, but this one went over my head.
It's very pleasing graphics, though.

Obviously Obliqua won.

*silence*

Obviously I don't think anyone shares my sense of metahumor.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think I'd share it if I understood it without needing hints every time.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

I lost again ;_;
*sob*

Entry coming later on though, I have a great idea for this
So Cenere, which program do you use?

Showing 4651-4665 of 6854