ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4295816
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I lost again ;_;
Technically there are no losers, only three winners and people who didn't win. Not winning isn't necessarily the same as losing.
Getting the DM is losing.

And I think Cen was using Photoshop Elements, though an older version than mine.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

NO one commented on blobious again ;__________;

*preforms seppuku with blobious, which then glorps onto my face and suffocates me*

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

err....sorry, let me repost that...

im done

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/wackweep/crime.jpg

not really proud of my work but ey, simplicity is beauty...i might edit it later if i get a new idea of what to draw... hope it looks ok..

took me 2 hours to finish

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm. Crime. This shall be interesting.

If only I could post my picture of Strop. His face is a crime. The crime being that it is too lolworthy....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I swear kingryan stuff like what you just said is exactly what what I was expecting when I said

it could have some interesting results.

Anyways I have two major ideas. Either one will work, though I might combine them. I just hope I can keep down the file size this time.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

My crazy mutated person...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7898/wanted.png

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Hey, does anyone know a good image hosting website? Because Imageshack doesn't accept .png's, and I have problems exporting images :P

My entry is done, with effect and cool though

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Sorry, when I said .png's I mean't .psd's.
Anyway I found a solution, BEHOLD!!!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6092/image12g.png

So, from what you can deduce by looking at this pic:
1. I'm getting better at Photoshop
2. It's written "Crime" up there in Japanese.
4. It's blurred, so you can't see well, but it's because... (see under) ):
3. You can deduce someone's dead D:
But what if you can do something? Well, you can't. :P

That's all!

P.S.: I intentionally inversed 4 and 3 up there XD

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Uhm, you know...
In photoshop, when you have finished and saved the image, then press save as, and choose jpg/png/gif/whatever.
Also: Photoshop images can be uploaded to Deviant art, but you will need a preview image in jpg/gif/png.
And people would have to download the image.

Hosting sites I use:
Deviantart.
Photobucket.
Imageshack.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, currently insecure if I should enter, basically because Zophia seems to get into trouble when I enter....
Idk...
That was another blow to my face, especially since I am currently out of artistic self esteem to shield me from those kind of blows...
Am I really that bad that people think Zophia is cheating by putting me in the top three... *deep sigh*
Would be nice to know if I need to keep out for the sake of people feeling better....

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Ah crimson you wrote the character wrongly! =[ The second word shouldn't have such curvy vertical lines....

And it means literally 'Commit crime'. It's chinese, not Japanese!!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Wait...not Crimson! Mistaken!

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Dude, if you think you can moral me like that, I've lived two years in Japan, and I checked out on google translation. I maybe wrote the characters a bit too curvy, but it is Japanese

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

And Cenere, that's what I did (save as...) but it didn't show png, gif or jpg. Dunno why tho :P

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

And it means literally 'Commit crime'. It's chinese, not Japanese!!

I maybe wrote the characters a bit too curvy, but it is Japanese

You are both right and you are both wrong.

It's Kanji (kanji = hanzi in Mandarin = Han characters in English, hence Chinese characters). They mean the same (or at least similar) thing in Chinese and Japanese. Japanese may add hiragana in addition to kanji and still have it mean the same thing in Chinese.

If you're learning kanji, calling it Japanese might make you look like a moron to Chinese people. That is no offense to anyone because it happens quite often. People say "It's Japanese for blah blah blah." It's the same thing in Chinese because it's Chinese characters. Calling it kanji will remove (most) doubts of stupidity via ignorance.

Nuff said.
Showing 4666-4680 of 6854