ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4218228
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

It looks like something is missing from crimsonblade's entry. The height markers or something.

Do'h!!! Thats what I needed. I couldn't remember what the background of one of those mugshots looked like, and sadly I could not at that time remember that they were called mugshots, so I could not find a picture that showed the background of one properly, so I ended up not putting anything in the background. I also was planning on putting a side view of each of them, but got lazy.
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Okay!!! Time to set things back in track, 1st Srry OGT, was in a bad mood because exams ect. really srry, and your drawing is good, also ty Wack, Argen I like my monsters better, idk if you like them or if you have seen them, but plz check them out. Now I would like to thank Zophia for helping me just however, and Good luck all.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Finally done with my entry!

Assassination

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu19/Pois0nArr0w/Crimeentry.png

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Holy COW!!!! Thats good Arrow, I like it, kinda like assasin's creed, but black hoodie XD Nice!

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Thanks! Worked for like, three days on it. Also, I lied. I used the brush and fill tool D: <cough>stupidpenciltool<cough>

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

well I am not sure what you mean, but I used different brushes for the drawn text, but yeah I did use a custom brush I had made to created the texture for the fur. Again this isn't one of my most worked on pieces, but typically I try to concentrate on the jokes with some of the comics, as opposed to the detail in them, because of the length of them.

nice, you created the custom brush yourself? i don't even know how to make one, i just steal it from other sites :P
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Good morning everyone:

1st thing:

alright... heres my bad one XD made it fast!

>=( Then keep your F****in opinionb OGT Your not the judge so how bout u shut up, I'm sick of ppl talking about my art!! so go F***! If you can't tell I'm mad, then your retarted, That is not my final post... Thats an example of a post so F*** off.

Woah! Man calm down! I'm not saying everyone doesn't like your entry, but that's just my opinion okay? A when I looked at what you said (which I quoted first) I deduced you were going to make another entry. Don't get mad on me like that :P
And plus I never said I was the judge...
If you ask me, yours sucks OGT Thats the simpleest stupidest entry ever, all you did, was draw a guy spray red all over, and make a light with photo bucket!!! No skill in your stupid entry. >=(

My entry doesn't suck, I spent 35 minutes doing it, and no, I didn't just spray red over it, I made the effect on photoshop while blurring it, and the light was made primarily in 40 minutes with flash, which took a long time doing, so I didn't make it with photobucket >
Now if you want to critic my entry, place a little more effort in your "review" like nichodemus did.
1st Srry OGT, was in a bad mood because exams ect. really srry, and your drawing is good

Alright, I understand your bad mood, but still that is not a particular reason to yell at me like that. And please instead of just saying "your drawing is good", I'd prefer if you would review it frankly.
Now that makes one problem done.

2nd thing:
Alt:

Your entry has nice effects, but I can't really understand what's going on. I can guess two people (L and D) which are running away from police lights.
Crimson:

Pretty funny jokes, I like the fur, but I don't really see what that has to do with crime.
Pois0n:

Very good art style, except those tiny white pixels which were scattered everywhere were kind of bugging me. Was that on purpose?
If nobody is happy with their review I made, just please don't yell at me like phsyco did. I'm not the judge!

3rd thing:
Currently working on time consuming projects which will mostly take over my time. These are confidetial, so please don't go all running around begging on your knees what they are.

4th thing:
I don't have school today, neither tomorrow, so I'm on a four day week-end. I'll also have little kittens saturday, so that rocks

5th thing:
Cenere

You did win recently. One of the first times when Zoph was judging, she made you win. You can go check back, I think it was for the "Dream" theme.
Strop

Strop, if you are still here, can I ask you how much I placed in the "Nostalgia" theme? I remember I made an entry for that theme a long time ago (maybe a year ago), but I don't remember how much I placed.

And that's all then. I guess...
Well, cya everyone.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You did win recently. One of the first times when Zoph was judging, she made you win. You can go check back, I think it was for the "Dream" theme.

No, I think I got second there as well. I am pretty sure I have not won since Klaus.
Besides, that drawing was half as.ed, so I wouldn't let me win if I had. My update was better.

*Cen is currently looking for a mouse to prove people wrong*
Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

Eh? I think if Cenere placed at all in an art comp it'd be because he earned it. Certainly his last entry was freakin amazing.

Also

Hmm, currently insecure if I should enter, basically because Zophia seems to get into trouble when I enter....

It's not really getting into trouble if it's only a bunch of art n00bs complaining.

That was another blow to my face, especially since I am currently out of artistic self esteem to shield me from those kind of blows...

I think you need a catcher's mask :P

Am I really that bad that people think Zophia is cheating by putting me in the top three... *deep sigh*

No

Would be nice to know if I need to keep out for the sake of people feeling better....

**** 'em

Soooo I'm looking forward to all your future entries.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I like the fur, but I don't really see what that has to do with crime.

Sorry just to clarify so I don't assume anything, you mean that you don't get what fur has to do with crime, or my entry as a whole?

Eh? I think if Cenere placed at all in an art comp it'd be because he earned it. Certainly his last entry was freaking amazing.

[quote}
It's not really getting into trouble if it's only a bunch of art n00bs complaining.[/quote]

I agree with both of these quotes(which I hope the BB codes don't screw up on me) though truthfully I am more concerned over Zophia not letting Cenere win for that reason, but seriously if he does win a round, then I think it will be well deserved, and not because he has ties with the current judge.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

@Ogt2: I made the people using mostly the pencil tool in Paint. I think I'll try to fix that white dot thing.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Alt, like is it "CSD"

Stylized 'L' not a C. . . .
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Dude, if you think you can moral me like that, I've lived two years in Japan, and I checked out on google translation. I maybe wrote the characters a bit too curvy, but it is Japanese

Well...like Gantic said it is kanji, which are partially Han Characters. And I've been speaking and writing Chinese for my whole life. All 15 years of it. The Japanese derived their language from the Chinese, branching it out and infusing their own style inside.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Possibly my entry this time will be another hand-drawn picture. Love these!

Just that I'm not really good at it =p

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

Question: Are the winners from last week supposed to get merits or has that changed?

Showing 4711-4725 of 6854