ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4232262
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

>=( Then keep your F****in opinionb OGT Your not the judge so how bout u shut up, I'm sick of ppl talking about my art!! so go F***! If you can't tell I'm mad, then your retarted, That is not my final post... Thats an example of a post so F*** off.

Dude! Harshin' the mellow in this room. Take a chill pill the guy was just commenting on your art, so don't go all apesh*t because of one persons opinion and start flame warring. Also, if you are going to flame war at least have some taste and do it through the profile section where the mods won't ban/burn your *ss.

*cough Mess with the best die like the rest cough*

That is my final statement. Thanks for liking Blobious OGT, first serious character I've had for a while and I'm still de-bugging his backstory.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Omega looks like a dual gem in GemCraft! Wtf, 4/10

umm that was not my official entry, it was a joke based off of what Zophia said about people calling two strokes of a brush and 50 filters a piece of art, so thats what I tried to create there. I am still working on my real entry for this round though. It won't be anything too sophisticated though.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK just finished up my entry, not too sure is I spelled everything just right, but oh well here it is:

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Crime.png

I decided to once again take advantage of the scroll bars.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

It's really good, but what is up with the sasquatch and fuzzy stiff, it's everywhere!

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

@Alt: Awesome pic. What does the 'L D' thing mean?

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I don't know if I should enter anymore art contests...

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

It's really good, but what is up with the sasquatch and fuzzy stiff, it's everywhere!

That's fur.
WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

its almost no doubt crimsonblade used some sort of brush to draw his creatures. even the writing are sort of furry...

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

.... REALLLYYYYY, I meant like alll these posts have that fur stuff in there, and all they do is use a tool and change colors, not saying that yours isn't good crimson, It's probrably beter than anything I've done.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

... Wow the zombie pic stunk, the only mabey good thing I've posted is jack sparrow, and master cheif, other than that... IDK, Besides your saying that because your a Really good friend(I swear if someone says "AWWWWWWWWWWW"...)

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

It's a decently good pic, a good pic considering it's Paint art.

I also think phsycomonkey owes Ogt2 an apology for flaming, especially since it was on a level that more or less warrants an official warning (meaning doing it again is likely to result in a ban).

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Alt, like is it "CSD" in front of police lights or sumtin?

dont know, is it like the police light

@Alt: Awesome pic. What does the 'L D' thing mean?

Do you see the dragon in the kitchen?

This goes back to page 494 if you want to look:
On here, I've only seen Strop and Cenere make awesome from Paint, while several have made really sweet traditional art.

Meet mouse.
You abandoned mouse.
Mouse hates you now.

What's the difference between that and a pencil? Note the use of a pencil tool with a pencil like implement on digital media.Side note. Unless they did it with a mouse, the reasoning does not apply. (Yes, I've seen some amazing stuff done in Paint with a mouse... using the spray paint tool.)

It looks like something is missing from crimsonblade's entry. The height markers or something.

Also, does entering this theme convey admission to guilt? Seeing as I got jury duty coming up, I wonder if I can say I've entered into Crime.
WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

actually, i think your crime drawing is pretty good... the drawing style may not be as good as other drawing styles but to be honest, i think yours is pretty much the closes to crime, mine is just a gun with blood on it... zophia would probably say to me in judging day "it's not crimey enough"

D:

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

by the way, i was talking to you phsycomonkey xD....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

its almost no doubt crimsonblade used some sort of brush to draw his creatures. even the writing are sort of furry...
.... REALLLYYYYY, I meant like alll these posts have that fur stuff in there, and all they do is use a tool and change colors, not saying that yours isn't good crimson.

well I am not sure what you mean, but I used different brushes for the drawn text, but yeah I did use a custom brush I had made to created the texture for the fur. Again this isn't one of my most worked on pieces, but typically I try to concentrate on the jokes with some of the comics, as opposed to the detail in them, because of the length of them.
Showing 4696-4710 of 6854