ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4307020
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
JuggernautEX
JuggernautEX
40 posts
Nomad

Also, whose Crabt?

Wait... Where'd you see that?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Where do you think?
But who is Crabt?

JuggernautEX
JuggernautEX
40 posts
Nomad

that actually happens to be part of my last name. Crabtree. no joke, so "crabt" is me.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That's just an excuse to make me happy, the drawing sucks! I was bored, didn't bother too much.

Minimalism isn't entirely something to be proud of.

Is it my English or is that title an oxymoron? A flowing together of straying from the subject...

I'm talking applesauce.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Applesauce... Hamsterjelly.

I'm missing out on something again, aren't I.

that actually happens to be part of my last name. Crabtree. no joke, so "crabt" is me.
Unusual lastname~ Where does it come from?

Forgotten:
I'm, not paying for the ketchup you know?

You pay it.
But I don't like ketchup. :<

Yep, that's how aliens play their lives.

Humans too.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Third...Again? No wait I didn't enter last week....Ah well...

Wing's eh...could work...could work...

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Well...I guess I am the first to submit (hopefully I am allowed to submit right now).
*drum roll*
Presenting The Winged Warrior: Fallen
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3633469811_dedcf301c6.jpg
The Winged Warrior has finally been defeated in battle, and now he must go back to where he came from...Yes, I know I suck at drawing hands and heads. It looks pretty rough since I drew it while in the car (I wasn't driving). Enjoy!

JuggernautEX
JuggernautEX
40 posts
Nomad

Unusual lastname~ Where does it come from?

In all honesty, I haven't really done any research into the history of my last name. but all I've been told is that my mother's family was kicked out of my father's family's kingdom way back in the time of kings and queens.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK, so this one is actually based off of a series of commercials that popped into my head while I was thinking of ideas for this theme.

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/?action=view&current=Wings.png

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

...I posted the wrong URL...I guess I'm just tired, well anyways again based off of a series of commercials...(hope I don't make anymore silly mistakes this time)

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Wings.png

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lololol thank you crimsonblade. I was hoping somebody would sock it to that #*(&@($&%(#&% ad someday.

Seriously. Red Bull just gives me palpitations. That's really not cool if you wanna fly.

Colwell24
Colwell24
16 posts
Nomad

Crap, I forgot to explain it.. Well, the picture isn't hand drawn I made it using only dots.. TOOK FOREVER

Well I guess you could say it's a dragon climbing up a rock..

I don't know lol I don't know how to explain it..

Sorry for the double post btw

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

But I don't like ketchup. :<

Mostard?

I'm making my entry, I'm having a hard time drawing wings.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Awesome! I bet you will win, Colwell24!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well I made this in art class last year but only got a c on it so... here it is...
Entries have to be made for the competition after the theme is announced.
But it's an awesome drawing.

Hmm, another reason to remake the thread, that rule isn't mentioned in the OP.
Showing 5026-5040 of 6854