ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4252448
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well...

well who hasn't done that?Especially about one particular Mod who shall not be named(Strop).Although yes he was the one who created the line where Carlie said "Oh God thats a Ban" right?

That sentence reads as if you thought it to be Strop. Since, you know, he's the only he you mention. Right before you say "he created". The sentence you were quoting was not only about Klaushouse. I'm not sure if it was meant to be about Klaushouse, but it was not apparent. Sure, now that you say so, I can see how you could have meant Klaushouse in that post of yours, but... No mentioning of his name.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Oh right I see what you mean now.I said Strop in my quote,but the thing was I was talking about how how Klaushouse makes fun of mods,including Strop,but everyone seems to make fun of him.I guess I see your point,but of course if you look back at where the quote originated,that post did talk about Klaushouse,but I can't expect you to,so....yeah.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I actually did look back, to prevent myself from looking like an idiot. Also, Klaus had only been mentioned in two posts in the previous page...
And the bit of Cholokid's post which you quoted, was not about Klaushouse. At least it looked as if it was just about everyone who jokes about the mods in general.
Also, his post quoted Strop's post, which mentioned both Klaushouse and me. I've made jokes on Strop too~

Basically, I don't think your post was as obviously about Klaushouse as you intended it to be, but I don't really see any point in discussing it now that I know that you knew who you were talking about.
Though your post was ended with a "right?", which indicated a level of uncertainty, which made me post the info about where the "oh god that's a ban" quote originated from.

... Yes.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

...sure lets go with that,and then get back to what ever it was this topic was made for...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

What exactly WAS the art comp made for? Is it to put spam? I like spam!!!

And in order to make this post NOT spam (sadly) I shall ask this: Is the judging next monday, or monday in april?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Is the judging next monday, or monday in april?

30th of March

from page 380

*yawn*

I changed my side, the DM shouldn't come back.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Thoad, are you aware of the fact the date of judging is almost always posted when the theme is?
Also, a round is usually only one week.

drsexypepper
drsexypepper
85 posts
Nomad

If its not too late I was messin around and came up with this. I guess you could say its No Words.
http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss100/Chrisc211/PacmanAffair.jpg

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You ruined out rhyming Crimson and Zoph!
We had just started, hadn't got off!

The DM brings hope to those that fail,
And brings joy to those at the end of the tail.

Oh Zoph bring it back we sorely doth need it,
Is it that hard for you to truly read it?

It be an easy entry to judge.
Pick the worst one and then who gives a fudge.

Zoph I knew Crimson was true from the start,
Talking about that Klaushouse Upstart.
You've made it confusing and just made a mess,
And Thoad is the judging that hard to guess.

I go now to judge the Animation Comp,
Won't it just be a heaps fun romp.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So you are begging the good judge here, huh?

The dishonourable mention is not coming back permantly for following reason:
It is not needed. People are making good drawings, and have good ideas.
All have a chance of winning. And KR, you have won as well.
If it come back, half the contestants will make horrible references and sexual jokes, just to get it. Which is not the meaning of this contest.
Drawings should follow the rules of the forum in general.
It is a waste of time to look through a lot of pages with such drawings that is clearly intented for the DM, especially if they are really bad, and made out of lazyness.
It takes Zophia and I 2+ hours to make the judging. At least half an hour of this goes by discussing the winner, as we do not agree totally with each other. If the DM came back for good, it would take us longer to find the fail loser who deserve the DM, because we do not agree with each other.

The DM will be used if it is needed. If people consciously try to win it, we will refrain from even commenting and showing the work.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Ooooh okay I get it.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Hey, that Pacman thing was really cool. It might reach to one of the 3rd best!

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I say upon thee,
for all to see,
we must let the DM be.
And judge him freely.

KR I propsoe you be the new judge faux,
Denouncing those who cannot keep tow.
Zophmonster declares winners, and lo,
you then declare the name 'no go'.

A maverick you'll be,
a man of the people - we shall see.
Fight back that winner's sea -
with a trinkle of loser pee.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I see Necro still have a problem with the way it is done, huh? Assigning another judge, one for choosing the DM. You think it will better the problems at hand, with people trying to "win" the DM, instead of going for the win? That people actually will try, when they can make jokes of nothing and try and make it as fail as they can?
There is no Honour in winning it. Nothing. You think the themes are too hard in the first place, but you still want a penality on your drawings, I see.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/nowordscopy.jpg
Another entry for nothing but looks.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh. My. Gosh. Cenere. That. Is. Astounding. One of the best drawings I've seen on all of AG! Phenomenal, truly phenomenal.

Showing 3661-3675 of 6854