ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4234089
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

There's not much in the way of innovation to be had nowadays, when it comes to conceptual expression. I suspect that innovation has moved into the realm of methods i.e. technologies.

You can be critical of this "innovation" all you like but similarly, to fawn over conservatist sentiments for the canon of artistic expression is something done by such as the neo-Classicist movement, which is big in the US but to me represents a commercial exercise in the destruction of artistic integrity- precisely the opposite of what neo-Classicists purport to do.

Thus both extremes serve their purpose by generating controversy and discussion, both reflecting and inspiring society. Think about that when submitting to this contest!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I feel bad posting off-topic without posting on-topic.

So I had to think of something, but you guys already submitted the general gist of most of my ideas. Then I thought I'd go for a different angle...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stroptacet.jpg

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

O.O judgement is tommorow... This week was endless... OMG I CAn't wait! I'm currently working on a big time FreeRider track now.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

This week was endless... OMG I CAn't wait!

Patience is a virtue.

Strop... *sigh* ):

Does anyone want to here my predictions on the turnout of this round? Not that it really matters, but it will pass the time.
nicenicejt
nicenicejt
161 posts
Nomad

heh thats funny plokkey

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

heh thats funny plokkey

*blink*

Did you just comment on an entry that happened 392 pages ago? :O
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Did you just comment on an entry that happened 392 pages ago? :O

That's a srs rofl...
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*Lolz at epic fail manoeuvre!*

Take your time with the judging...I know what its like....

*sighs at animation contest*

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

heh thats funny plokkey

Holy Crap that's one hell of a fail.

That's what happens when you just read the first page XD
*ROFL's*

Why do I have the feeling that Strop is going to win?

>>Peter213<<
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Why do I have the feeling that Strop is going to win?

That I do not know. So I hope you can find out for yourself.

Day of judging, if I remember correctly. Prolly need to get some sleep first, though, but you will never know.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That I do not know. So I hope you can find out for yourself.

Personally, I think he has about any chance as a few of the others, because the perspective is a little hard for me to grasp /badgrammah.
Either way, I'm glad everyone participated.
*snootyface*
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'll be blunt: it'd be politically incorrect for me to win. There's a subliminal agenda that, where possible, a user who has just re-entered the competition after being champion the previous week should not win. If they did this almost invariably triggers complaints of "oh they won again, but they always win" followed by a "actually that user has won such and such a time but not..."

I've been looking at all the entries for once, and there are a couple of random things I'd like to point out:

Cholokid's entry reminds me of Krinkel's Madness men.

Nonetheless, judgement for this theme will be difficult. It was broad enough that one could adopt any number of different approaches and almost every, if not every user has successfully come up with their own unique interpretation. How these will stack up against each other will be interesting to see.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Cholokid's entry reminds me of Krinkel's Madness men.

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING. Hell, I remembered the thing and immediatly inagguration popped into my head. Btw, new one is out on newgrounds if you're a fan~
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You mean "Aggregation", right? I've been following Krinkels (occasionally to my extreme horror) since Apotheosis came out.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Shouldn't this be jugjed now? It is starting to be the end of Monday...
MEOW!

Showing 3691-3705 of 6854