ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4230069
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Never heard if anyone could make out the countries from the famous buildings

Didn't know there was some sort of competition,but I believe they are...

Germany-Ulm Cathedral
Denmark-Mermaid
Great Britain-Big Ben
United States of America-Statue of Liberty
France-Eiffel Tower
Australia-Sydney Opera House
India-Taj Mahal
Denmark-The Little Mermaid(or just the Mermaid, whichever one)

Anyways I think that should be all of the countries shown in that picture of yours.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

One off. And you had the little mermaid twice, but otherwise good and all.
Would probably help if I cares to outline them.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I actually wonder what Florida is...

Depending on how you look at it, either the pinky or the awkwardly shaped beard. The very, very awkwardly shaped beard. . . .
--------------
Germany-Ulm Cathedral
Great Britain-Big Ben
United States of America-the immense amount of fat people in New York City
France-Eiffel Tower
India-Taj Mahal
Denmark-The Little Mermaid
Fixed!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

United States of America-the immense amount of fat people in New York City

Something tells me you either live in, lived in, or have visited New York before?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

And you had the little mermaid twice

hmm *looks at list* son of a.... well I had a feeling the Ulm Cathedral may have been in correct,but I know all of the others are correct so let me try it again.

Russia- St.Basil's Cathedral
Great Britain-Big Ben
United States of America-Statue of Liberty
France-Eiffel Tower
India-Taj Mahal
Denmark-The Little Mermaid

Is this correct now?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Alt, still off. Aw, come on. It might be the most scribbled one and all, but... Nah, okay.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hey what about my new guess hmm?(hope I don't get ninja'd)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yes, Crimson. Correct, though the Cathedral is part of the Beautiful Square which I unsuccessfully tried to sketch.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah the problem was that at first it is so undetailed that I mistook it for the building surrounding the Big Ben,but when I looked at it a second time I noticed some features about it,but now that I look at pictures of the beautiful square(known as the Red Square in actuality) I see what you were trying to draw.I have never seen the whole square,but simply that single building so I wouldn't have recognized the whole thing.The building to the right of the two,really did look a bit like the Ulm Cathedral in its main shape though.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay. I just went through wikipedia for pictures, and there are not really that many...
But you did good.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

And not in the competition > >

I knowww. You misunderstood. Number one was what I mean by complete win

Jeez Cholo, didn't you ever take geogronatomy?

Yeah, but I kinda skipped that class, I didn't find it necessary. I guess I was wrong. :/
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I like this theme. I was just in Germany for a week, so expect something Kraut based with a British jingoistic twist.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://dragon-cave-eggs-kr.webs.com/countries.jpg

There's my entry...I didn't quite know what the sound for drowning was...so I put in that!

Uploaded to my Freewebs!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

So then tomorrows judging then right?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

KR, that is so tank. It fits so well, that's another pure win entry. Yes indeed. xD

So then tomorrows judging then right?

Should be, but seeing as Zoph is currently um.. absent I suppose there is the possibility of it being delayed. Of course, Cen could judge it on her own, that was one of the benefits of ending up with two judges. On the other hand she also may put it off to wait for zoph. We will just wait and see.
Showing 3796-3810 of 6854