ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4248038
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

My colours changed a little. I figure that a red goatee will stand out more on a black dragon than on a red one. Otherwise...it looks just like a dragon chin thingy.

But you know, I can not draw. So I am just picturing it in me gulliver.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK, I drew a couple that if you look at the XAT Drawings you may recognize. Others you may recognize from this thread, but they are all low detail for a reason...(as a note this is the first time in a while that I have not put Sasquatch in my entry, but I just didn't have enough room for him, and he isn't a mod)

The Moderator Puppet Show
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/TheModerators.png

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Moderator Wars, which team will win? Plz vote!

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/ModeratorWars.png

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Uhm, Zega, we are not that fond of written entries...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm Zega,Zophia a Death Killer? The rest fit fairly well though I suppose.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Awww, I lost my consecutive top 3's....oh well. I'll get thar next time! But mods...not sure if I can do this one without getting tha banhammah.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, this took me too bloody long and it's still a bit scrappy, and...well I think I'm kinda letting a bit of the cat out of the bag with this!

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/th_womtitle-1.jpg

CLICK THUMBNAIL!

In approximate order from left to right:

Devoidless- black Western horned dragon with red goatee. Legend has it Dan lets him out every now and then to burninate the flagged comments.
Estel- not always half-tree man, but has the ability to change parts of self into tree. Is currently blaming Devoidless for missing a chunk of trunk.
Asherlee- portrayed here despite being on hiatus. Nearly 7' tall Amazon lady wielding 2 swords (like her favorite armatar).
Dank- appearance based on Hitsugaya from Bleach, actually, after I made a comparison between their personalities and Dank was offended that I would compare him to something as "frivolous" as anime. I found that funny and the joke stuck.
Moegreche- yes, a brain in a jar. Talks from an unknown source in a Stephen Hawking voice. Spends most of his time sitting in a chuck wagon, pulled by...
Flipski- or Flipski 3000, Spaminator. Rather bulky 8' tall mecha armed with all kinds of anti-spam weapons. Tends to be a bit on the "trigger-happy" and "buggy" side. Maybe you'll see what I mean eventually.
Carlie- or more properly Her Royal Highness, Queen Carlie. Rumour has it she has an alter-ego, though none have yet witnessed it...
Ubertuna- a scaley manfish. Keeper of the ArmorCastle moat. Self-professes to be made of ttly awesome fail. Pokemon's equivalent of magikarp.
Strop- ninja pony. Also a healer. Some doubt he is really a ninja. We shall not speculate on that here.
Zophia- recent character "clarification" leaves many in turmoil! I am assured, though, that the current character is canon. Best described as a half-reptilian, half-mammal hybrid that used to have wings.
Nemo- wolf, man, or man-wolf? Unkempt loner who imparts pithy words of wisdom then fades back into the nearest alleyway.

All characters used with permission. Note that I am unable to contact DragonMistress, and Calm has given his consent but we haven't come up with a character idea just yet!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

No Noname? Or is Nemo noname?

Uhm, Zega, we are not that fond of written entries...
Yeah, I was thinking about putting some pictures beside the names but I don't really have time and I am not so good...

Hmm Zega,Zophia a Death Killer? The rest fit fairly well though I suppose.
Yeah, I got bored and just did something random...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Coupla notes:

Devoidless' head may be a tad on the large side, though according to my previous ref, he has a...big head. It's about the same size as Strop.

And I don't exactly know how Estel wants to look because Estel kinda ISN'T HERE, because he's off being a manly man (read: playing soccer).

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No Noname? Or is Nemo noname?

Nemo means no name. So yes, nemo = Noname.
And you got a week, Zega, you do not need to submit you, as this is most likely getting disqualified.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is it just me or does everyone dream in black and/or blue? Spending too much time on AG?

Is it possible to reuse something from a different medium, say writing, so long as it has not been visually presented before?

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I have some questions:

Do we need to draw all mods, or just the one(s) we want too?
Whos is Calm? Is he/she another mod?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Do we need to draw all mods, or just the one(s) we want too?

Moderators is the theme, interprint it in any way you see fit.
Whos is Calm? Is he/she another mod?

He has been rather inactive, but seems to back this week. Yes, he is a moderator, and a good one, I hear. At least he has the respect of others.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hold on I though AsherLee and Calm gave up being mods because they were too busy and so they are no longer considered mods, but previous mods. If your going to add in AsherLee then why not Calm into the drawing though? Is it because you have no clue who calm is?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Ow my brain, strops epic poster has crushed my self esteem. Though it does look epic.

I'll sit in tha fail corner with [censor] and [censor] now.

Showing 3961-3975 of 6854