ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4249057
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

oh wait uh...scratch what I just said in that last post. Because of Spring Break(I blame it) I have a shorter attention span and didn't even bother looking at who created that poster....the sad part is that for some reason I had the idea in my mind that Cenere made it and he only joined as of last September, so I have no clue if he has ever met calm or AsherLee(I can't even remember if they were around at that time) but Strop....well I would sure hope he knew them more then I did....now excuse me as I go on a rant on how I could not notice the blue wall of text after the image...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have heard nice things about Asherlee as well, but no, never met her.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/th_mods.jpg
Click eeettt!!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh. Em. Gee.

Mods as Pokemon epicness.

*squees* And I'mma black Charizard! And Moe is an Alakazam(Right? I think so). And Tuna a Magikarp! And..and...Pokemon I'm not familiar with. >_<

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*squees* And I'mma black Charizard! And Moe is an Alakazam(Right? I think so). And Tuna a Magikarp! And..and...Pokemon I'm not familiar with. >_<

You are right! *more apparently random throwing of confetti*
Lessee.. Voidless as a Charizard, Estel as a Sudowodo, Dank is featured as a Haunter for some reason, Moe is the Alakazam, and Flipski the Steelix. Zophia is a Sandshrew, Tuna a Magikarp, Strop is obviosly a Ponyta, and Nemo a Mightyena, because... I went out of pokemon by then.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

how do u find the image url for a microsoft paint file?
i made an entry but i dont know how to load it in the post...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You must go to any image hosting site like Photobucket and whatnot. Make an account and upload. Then use the url given.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Here's mine:

In Memoriam

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Looks like someone got overlooked...

Is it just me or does everyone dream in black and/or blue? Spending too much time on AG?

Is it possible to reuse something from a different medium, say writing, so long as it has not been visually presented before?
Funny that you mentioned that black and blue thing... Huh...

Anyways, I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it you want to do?
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu19/Pois0nArr0w/AGcontestentry.jpg

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I did this photo on paint, its a guy walking along a path staring at teh moon( which is not in full detail ) I accept constructive criticism, cus i need my art rated

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Epic modfailz have been deleted. Now nobody else will ever know what happened XD

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I did this photo on paint, its a guy walking along a path staring at teh moon( which is not in full detail ) I accept constructive criticism, cus i need my art rated
That's all fine and stuff, but how does that relate to the theme of the competition?
If you just want to show your drawings/get opinions of them, you should create your own thread.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If you just want to show your drawings/get opinions of them, you should create your own thread.

Trust me that works about as well as feeding a cactus a steak and expecting it to grow. I got 3 comments and nothing more. Seems like friends are the only ones who give you any good comments, and most of the time are just "nice work dude!" and if it's something not their taste they'll jsut be like "ehhh, I don't really like"

I suggest that if you wanna be put in the theme, try putting a map and the letters "The mod vault" or something. The path to moderatorship, it should be called. mhmm.

I'm stumped for this, I could make fun of strop or try something. But I doubt that trying something will do anything for me, as trying has only brought doubt and fail to me. Fail I couldn't fix or think out of, either.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@Adam: Flipski's burrito doesn't fit in the picture. It's either the burrito, or the rest of the mods >_>

Re: Gantic

Is it possible to reuse something from a different medium, say writing, so long as it has not been visually presented before?

Gantic writes a fair bit on the forum; I think he's asking if he can visually represent one of those writings here. Which personally I don't see a problem with, but I'm not a judge!

@thoadthetoad

Trust me that works about as well as feeding a cactus a steak and expecting it to grow.

Why is why you don't feed it steak...more to the point! In case you didn't notice, most self-created threads are like this. They're better thought of as archives with the occasional interjection. The only reason they get big is because you keep feeding it.

Re: crimsonblade

now excuse me as I go on a rant on how I could not notice the blue wall of text after the image...

HOW COULD YOU MISTAKE MY ART FOR CENERE'S WE'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE D:

Haha, relax man, let's just say it even things up after my misunderstanding yesterday :P
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Anyways, I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it you want to do?

Portray something previously written in pictorial format.

Originally, I wanted to make a picture of something I had written before, but I've since changed my mind and decided to expand upon that particular idea and go in a slightly different direction.
Showing 3976-3990 of 6854