ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5498121
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

lol nice pun zega XD

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Wow phsycomonkey that looks good plus Piracy is great but in a very naughty don;t go around plunering and pillaging its wrong way. I love pirates.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay, just to get a thing straight: I am pretty sure I, with the additional three, have drawn who I see as well known to the forums. Aka, people who will get a pretty high score in the "Rate the user's fame" and so on. So no, I have not forgotten anyone. I might have chosen not to draw someone simply because they are hard to make to a stickthing, or because I do not successfully see them as well known.
It is my subjective oppinion, if you have some other people to add, well, then make your own submission, nothing is stopping you. Put please do not think I have forgotten you, because chances are, I have not.

Second, I find it a little weird for people to see themselves as celebrities, especially to this forum, but also irl. As Pixie stated earlier, celebrities are "well known personages", which means it is rather hard to judge it yourself. Other might find you to be a celeb, but if this is not stated officially a number of times from other than yourself, I would highly doubt you are well known or celebrity material yet.
As Zophia said, it takes a good rank and a good number of posts to be known in this forum, simply because it is the internet. People have little to no memory about other users before they have seen them a couple of hundred times.
So do not get angry at someone for correcting your out view. It is not cold, it is more likely to be the truth.

And yes, Thoad, I have internet, my parents have internet, I just find it better not to use it, as I am visiting, and should be giving other things attention. For the record, it is 00:16 here now, and I should still be reading for the project.
This, I hope, will also excuse my harsh talk above, if not, I hope you will not take it as more than just my oppinion.

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

I had a good idea..but I really don't have any time to execute it..too much homework..oh, well...just got to try I guess.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I reckon you should whack some bunny ears on Pazx, though I'm well aware that this isn't exactly the defining feature.

Why? I mean... What?

Cen's was funneh~ I like KR (he was the old guy right?)
LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

I think every time a theme comes a long where it is compulsory to draw people, I'll just give up. -.-

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I probably sound dumb here...but what exactly is stippling?

Stippling is the use of dots of the same color in varying density do show darker or lighter tones.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yes, I was the old guy Pierce. Which just adds more confustion (yes I spelt it right) to my online character. The thing is, it is hard to make an internet persona when you don't know who you are irl.

Stippling is the use of dots of the same color in varying density do show darker or lighter tones.

O
hhh, I get you now. I guess it would be possible to make a stickman using that technique...
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Yes, I was the old guy Pierce. Which just adds more confustion (yes I spelt it right) to my online character. The thing is, it is hard to make an internet persona when you don't know who you are irl.

How'd you know it was me? Oh right, I told you she wouldn't be on for awhile...
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

How'd you know it was me? Oh right, I told you she wouldn't be on for awhile...

Who else could it be? Ohhhhh that's right, your 'if looks could kill friend.' Ok, I'll shut up!

I still need an idea for this....
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Who else could it be? Ohhhhh that's right, your 'if looks could kill friend.' Ok, I'll shut up!

If looks, could kill... I'd be in trouble right now. Time stands still, when you're arooooouuuund....

> >

< <
LuciferSatanis
LuciferSatanis
179 posts
Nomad

'if looks could kill friend.' Ok, I'll shut up!

Like would this be, looks killing people because you are so beautiful? or would this be like looks could kill you because It is horrendously ugly and disfigured? makes you think doesn't it >.>
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Like would this be, looks killing people because you are so beautiful? or would this be like looks could kill you because It is horrendously ugly and disfigured? makes you think doesn't it >.>

I think he meant like, looking with your eyes. A glare perhaps...

In which case, I know who he means > >
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

phsycomonkey, did you trace this image?

[/quote]I think every time a theme comes a long where it is compulsory to draw people, I'll just give up. -.-[quote]Who says you have to draw people?

LuciferSatanis
LuciferSatanis
179 posts
Nomad

zoph, He didn't trace it, He brought it into photoshop and blurred a bunch of the lines.

Showing 4441-4455 of 6854