ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4304091
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok...Carlie explained this a while back...

Vector is where a program uses mathematical formulas to form curves and circles. The opposite to this is 'raster' which uses pixels to form shapes.

On Vector you can zoom in to 500 times the normal image and it will still be a normal circle. On raster...zooming in 500 times would give you a square cornered shape.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Aaaah okay... So my thing looks Vector? Well... Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

KR, what the heck was that??? I don't understand anything (your entry)!

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Zega
Did you see my entry? :P (last page)

soccercheese9
soccercheese9
2 posts
Nomad

these are cool

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Aaaah okay... So my thing looks Vector? Well... Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

To tell you the truth vector art a lot of the time looks more smooth then Raster art,and is a bit more difficult to make really complex art in from my personal experiences with it in Illustrator.Speaking of which I am tempted to go look at the tool in it a bit more now...
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I had no clue what to do for this and really struggled for an idea. Then it hit me the sun and solid planet (-oids) of our solar system in tablet form. sorry

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Second One:
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/necromancerlord/tablet-1.jpg?t=1236394241

I can't decide which one of mine I like better and should submit as my 'official' entry.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

@KingRyan that just looks weird

@Necromancer Its good is it a drink or some kind of spray?

HotAngel
HotAngel
50 posts
Nomad

Its good is it a drink or some kind of spray?

Actually I think its just a tin Howlett.

that just looks weird

Really?I think its good but thats because I am not able to draw that good.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LOL necromancer! I get it.
Tab is a type of soda, he drew a small version of it, thus it applies as a "tablet"

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

...I don't think that's it...

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

No, thoadthetoad has it it right, its a little Tab soda, hence "tablet".
http://www.therhl.com/images/tab_soda.gif
*Not my art, just a picture*

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/mandrink.jpg

:B Lulz rising! DOWN WITH NEGATIVE NANNIES! xD ^^

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Question Mark....?

I don't get it...and what does it ahve to do with tablets?

Showing 3151-3165 of 6854