ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4144262
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I hate you Zoph! >
(Joking, but seriously...)...THE JUDGEMENT IS TOMORROW OH NOES!!!!

Wow you really hate her that much to write it on here...
Well even if she is mean...
She has power...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Lolwut.

That is all.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to the reaction next week...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Grrr @ You Thoad...

I didn't even check to see the URL...lol and it says Rickroll in it...

Oh Well...*looks back a few pages*

I get lost in the last few pages...Not sure what's happening...

I didn't place...oh well...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Gold - Duke

Flag

Grrr @ You Thoad...

I didn't even check to see the URL...lol and it says Rickroll in it...

that, my friend, is known as an epic fail.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Gold - Duke

Flag

That is more of a fail...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That is more of a fail...

to YOU maybe. lol.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*blinks, looks at people*
Hmm, the drawings for th*coughcoughcough*the theme is fitting the wrong theme now > >...
I want to draw...
But.. Homework.... And swimming... Which I wonder I am late for...
*cough*
Hmm... Could be fun... For the laughs... Yeah~~

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*blinks, looks at people*
Hmm, the drawings for th*coughcoughcough*the theme is fitting the wrong theme now > >...
I want to draw...
But.. Homework.... And swimming... Which I wonder I am late for...
*cough*
Hmm... Could be fun... For the laughs... Yeah~~

Swimmers body? Sexy.

Anyways, that being probably the farthest from the point (My gay joke is still valid, fear it, or else I'll eat your face, then defecate upon your ashes.) You can draw finished Cenere...or the scareh mech.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Swimmers body? Sexy.

Uhm, a little too thin and rather pale... And my trunks are orange.

You can draw finished Cenere...or the scareh mech.

I want to draw for this one, even though I cannot win! *I would never vote for me, I draw lousily*
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*I would never vote for me, I draw lousily*

you blow 50% of us out of the water, though.

I have a comic I'm drawing for the comp right now, and it involves an actual PUN this time.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Swimmers body? Sexy.

... On-topic, please.

Let's see some actual entries.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

More on-topic requests: I've just waded through several pages of argument and realise I don't know when the deadline for this topic is.

To clarify, while I'm not the judge, I believe the thread title is only a reference; the theme itself is to draw something based on the quote.

Don't forget to behave, kthnx.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Let's see some actual entries.

Scanning as I type. lol.
I've just waded through several pages of argument and realise I don't know when the deadline for this topic is.

I remember that after the judging, Cen said it was due by monday...

I hope this isn't very offensive, and if it is I'm sorry, but the quote is something to not understand. I'll clarify the pun after you see the comic, so yeah, lol.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0005-1.jpg
Ohcrip it just occured to me that I didn't bleep out "WTF"...*points at crimson* HYPOCRISY.

Anyways, the pun here is that I notice that the theme/quote/passage seems to follow something like Charles Dickens writings, where it tends to use alot of poetic and ominous sentences and indirect speaking, so I thought of the puns. Sorry, admittedly it's an utter crap pun, and it took me a matter of an hour or something to get it down (which I can only assume to be a terribly short time in order to make a page of a comic), so excuse the crappyness. In order to make up for the crapiness, here's a not so crappy Nergyl Child (who is female).
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0004-2.jpg
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Anyways, the pun here is that I notice that the theme/quote/passage seems to follow something like Charles ****ens writings, where it tends to use alot of poetic and ominous sentences and indirect speaking, so I thought of the puns. Sorry, admittedly it's an utter crap pun, and it took me a matter of an hour or something to get it down (which I can only assume to be a terribly short time in order to make a page of a comic), so excuse the crappyness. In order to make up for the crapiness, here's a not so crappy Nergyl Child (who is female).

Strop presumed I probably like reading Di.kens and Poe, since Fyodor Dostoevsky seemed to have caught me. I think they write alike (though I probably need to read the entire story before I can comment fully), and I will try to find some Poe as well, when I have read The Gambler.

@Strop:
Deadline is always Monday, even when we are lazy and/or forget about it.
Showing 3331-3345 of 6854