ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4216376
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Mine is coming! Don't judge to soon!

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post.
I got mine here. All I could think of was Red Steel 2.
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3685/redsteelgunfight.png

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

@Kacboy, that is pretty cool. I like how you fit your name into the scheme.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I noticed that comic artists often put their signatures on stray papers like that so I wanted to try it. I just noticed those guys in the background look like monks. lol

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

lol actually they do, good job kacboy!

So is this going to get judged any soon?

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1111/headshotd.png

There is my entry! I'm a fan of headshots.

Here is the link, in case the picture doesn't work.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

My Image Shack is messed up.
Here's mine again.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3685/redsteelgunfight.png

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No inspiration, no idea how to draw a gun, not caring enough to find reference, no inspiration at all, rather tired, my wrist hurts like a ... and I just don't care...
So, this
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/gun.jpg

1,855 posts
Nomad

whoa cenere thats really good! Same with kacboy! lol i like how you put that piece of paper saying "kac" on it lol

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs082.snc3/15014_113073355389443_100000603386944_177707_1983111_n.jpg

yea I know... should be handrawn... but still never hurts to submit your work.

anyway
DDX portfolio <-- pictures from start to finish. not all of the pics I took but enough to tell the tale of a 56 hour project. that earned me an A .

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

When's the deadline again? I really want to do something for this but there's a... lot of things I gotta do D:

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yeah I am interested in guns as well, if there is time I am in.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, as per tomorrow it will have been three weeks since this has been judged, and since Bronze has last shown his armatar here. Two weeks as per Sunday since the theme was finally decided as well.

Now, I have already asked Bronze if he would think about resigning, since this is no where near optimal for this contest. Not because of the delay, but because of the lack of contact with the judge.
As it is, the judge should be around to look after the thread, as well as answer questions, and it is optimally the judge's responsibility that the merits are rewarded for the winning piece. This cannot happen when the judge is somewhere else.
Besides, it might be better to remove this responsibility from Bronze's shoulders, as he most likely has other things to think about, and he would not have to check in or use time to judge, when he could be using his time on otherwise important stuff.

If he agrees, we will be a judge short. I have no solution for this just yet.

On another matter, this thread is going to be updated to make the rules more clear, and clear up on the pages. This means I will most likely lock this thread once this round has been judged, and it will stay that way until the new thread is up (which hopefully won't take too long).

And to end this, the current entries:

Zega

Dannydaninja

Wyen

Aknerd

LiveinPeace29

Kacboy

Cenere

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Would you like me to judge Cen? If you need me I am here...

I enjoy judging stuff...

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

How about two judges? They could alternate or judge if the other is away.

Showing 6766-6780 of 6854