ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5498461
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Cenere what program did you use?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Eventyr is fairy tales. It is actaully more commonly used as fairy tale than adventure.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Celebs, huh? Does it have to be a real celebrity, or some made up person?

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

uh...then there is an error in danska... :P

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

shouldn't fairytale be fabel in danish?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

uh...then there is an error in danska... :P

Or Svensk:P Remember, we controlled you once! We had the powerDX
Not my fault you have a weird language (yes, I have a lot of trouble with reading Swedish > &gt

D8
JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

but I'm not Swedish ;P I'm from Finland ;D and you have just changed the word eventyr to be fairytale it is incorrect...the time has changed it so that it is used in that meaning in common speech...but still incorrect

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

hey..what do you ask about fairytale elements on every picture?
adventure or eventyr, äventyr....is not a fairytale :P
JereN, we explained this when the theme was announced. You can go back and look at it.

A "fabel" is somewhat the same as an "eventyr", but not exactly. Small difference, but it is there...

If you want to make an entry about an imaginary celebrity, that is fine. The choice is yours.

Since I care very little for cvelebrities in general, it would be a bad idea to just make a drawing portraying some random celebrity. Make more of the theme than that, please.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

D8

What?! I dont generaly draw real people! Those usualy just turn out crappy... except for that time I drew my science teacher when I was bored. I spent a long time making his bald spot look shinier than it already is. Besides, I don't really like to go out of my way to make celebrities look good.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Ooooh I jus got a good idea! Sorry for doube-post!

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

With the current theme, I wonder how long it will be until some egoistical user posts a pic of him/herslef.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*finds DK dictionary*
Etat..
Evangelist...
Eventyr, there.
1) A tale with a supernatural or fantastic content and usually with a happy ending.
HC Andersen's eventyr, eventyret om Roedhaette og den stygge ulv.
2) An exciting and often dangerous experience which lies far from every day life.
3) A short affair of love.

And just for the fun of it: (from wikipedia) Is today more used about the litterary genre.
Originally meaning adventure, actually.

And a fabel is something different.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

lika thisa Mr. FireflyIV

define: Celebrity

"a widely known person; "he was a baseball celebrity" "

I'm a celebrity to eeerr.. me I do knwo me quite well.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Hey, George Bush is concidered a celebrity, right?

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

*finds DK dictionary*
Etat..
Evangelist...
Eventyr, there.
1) A tale with a supernatural or fantastic content and usually with a happy ending.
HC Andersen's eventyr, eventyret om Roedhaette og den stygge ulv.
2) An exciting and often dangerous experience which lies far from every day life.
3) A short affair of love.

And just for the fun of it: (from wikipedia) Is today more used about the litterary genre.
Originally meaning adventure, actually.

And a fabel is something different.

Well I'll be D*M*E*...you have a newer lexicon than me :S
Showing 4351-4365 of 6854