ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4251644
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

KingNick, that is a good painting but it really does not pretain to the theme (Months). What you did was the seasons, so I would edit your picture and maybe put a month that matches with the season, but that idea has already been used...so you might just want to make something totally new. *DILEMA*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Months

Actually it is Month. As in singularis.
Besides that, well, it should be possible to draw something for a single month, especially for Americans with all the holidays.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Does anyone even get my joke? July? Jewlie? Man am I too clever for that? Goldstein? The kippah? lol

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Months

Yeah, I knew someone was going to point that out.

Does anyone even get my joke?

Yes I got it, did anyone get mine >:|
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Yes I got it, did anyone get mine >:|

Yes. Great drawing as well.
zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

Does anyone even get my joke? July? Jewlie? Man am I too clever for that? Goldstein? The kippah? lol

...That was the best video game I've ever tasted, but seriously that's funny and a tad racist but as my brother would say "that's to funny to be racist."
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Yay, third place is good. After getting that critique I see how I could have made it much better, but what was wrong with the word "Almost"? Fine.

Okay, time to think of something for this vague topic. >_>

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yay, third place is good. After getting that critique I see how I could have made it much better, but what was wrong with the word "Almost"? Fine.

The image worked fine on its own, really. There was nothing wrong with it being there, it is just acting a bit "captain obvious"-ly.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up Cenere. I have nothing against my crude art being critiqued, I just wanted to know why that was added in the summary. Thanks. :-)

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I was just wondering, would an entry made out of words qualify? Like, say a tree made out of words that describe it.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I was just wondering, would an entry made out of words qualify? Like, say a tree made out of words that describe it.

If the words were drawn then yes.
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

I really need to think more thoroughly about the theme before i go ahead and draw, haha.

200th post!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/month.png

Was really annoyed that I couldn't fit this in:

'Chaos at the annual meeting of the months...'

No idea where the Autumn months are...

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

No idea where the Autumn months are...

They are at a hairdresser, cause soon it's their turn to be the month of the month.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Lol I think this has to do with months.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2rgfclh.jpg

Showing 5641-5655 of 6854