ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4218819
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

On a different note...

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/Owen135731/KeepAG-1.jpg

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

Are those called snowman/snowmen in English?

Snowmen :P
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Zoph: "*pffffffffahahaha* " or something similar was my original reaction to that~ It's brill~
Would possibly have looked better if you'd let the upper opening in the M (see that V-shaped bowl in it?) be the mouth, it does have sort of a good expression for it.~
The nose looks out of place, but the perspective more than makes up for that. Good use of edges and shortening. The right side of the background looks odd, though, would maybe have been better to crop the image and have the edge before that mighty vertical line.
C: Agreeing on the background part. It might be because Feb is standing in the doorway, but it would have been more clear with a different wall colour inside if that was the case. Also, yes, the face is bit confusing to look at, but that might be my state more than the drawing.

You kno, I just noticed the face, but I keep imagining that it looks like a smile...the nose, well I just wanted to add a cartoony effect. As far as the wall color, we Cen knoes my bad scanner and computer laziness problems...I just used photobucket editor (for the first time :|) and darkened it, the version I colored by hand looks a lot different, trust me.

That could be interesting.

Yeah it would, so Klaushouse better do it >:E
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

I will be done my entry in about 15 mins

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs190.snc1/6373_1142573976840_1602187960_355832_7980925_n.jpg

This is my uber fortress :P This was not meant to look like the Demonic Defense castle but oops. The little black dots on the draw bridge are nails

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

* Keep: hold and prevent from leaving

Random paint thing that is a bit too emotional and not really that great. Wooo.....
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/keep.png

Also, my wrist hurts.

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

Does that mean i have to do another keep?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Does that mean i have to do another keep?

What? Why?
The theme is keep. And that is that. Not to keep or a keep, but just keep.
What you draw is up to you.
Just because my *cough* version is what I wrote, why should yours be?

Never said anything but that the theme is keep, and well, that is it. Really, it is. Of course, unless the judge says otherwise, but that was at least my intention with the theme.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Awww dang! Stupid vacation! I had a winner.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I made another.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2ec1x1s.png

W00T!!! 1,500 posts!

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

i take it that was paint Jdog ?

zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

Don't call it paranoid! It's cookies we're talking about.

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/zlith/Armor%20games/cookiestash.png

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

You couldn't of made the cookies look more solid zlith?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

This image makes my browser laaag...

Hmm thats interesting. Its not even the largest image I have put up before. Have others of mine made your computer lag before?

And again, season related, though a specific month in each season.

Yeah that figures I wanted to figure out something directly month themed originally talking about a single month, but could not get any idea to pop into my head, so I just made something up off the top of my head deciding that I would put my efforts elsewhere this time such as visuals and such, and apparently that didn't work out too well.

but you might want to consider getting another grass brush than just the default PS one?

I've been thinking of getting some more grass brushes for a while now, but thats not a default brush. I have just been having issues trying to remember and figure out who created that brush, so I have yet to give credit to its creator. If I do ever figure out who created that brush I will make sure to give credit, but I do have a feeling in the future that I may switch up some grass brushes pretty soon.

Btw a calendar with your characters would be totally win~

hmm I would need some ideas for that, but I do like that idea actually...for some odd reason.

Besides it being a more.. silent piece of art this time, I would say it actually lacks some of the dynamics you usually put into play when it comes to drawing. It might because of the aforementioned silence, but the poses look stiff. A bit of light practice might do well, but then again, who am I to talk.

I was originally going to have each one be given a title that described how they fit the month, and then have them comment on those titles given to them(AKA Hot Head, Ice Queen, etc.) but gave up on the idea because I couldn't figure out how to implement it. As for the poses looking stiff....I don't know really what to do about that. They typically are drawn interacting with each other and I try to avoid drawing their legs(since I am lazy) so this was kind of a new thing I was trying.

As for this theme I originally had no clue what I was going to do, but an idea came through, after looking at another entry or two....yeah so I will get on that now I suppose.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Alright here is my entry for this round:

Crimsons Keep
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/MyKeep.png

Showing 5671-5685 of 6854