ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4248056
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The gradient you used for the fire brush stamps needs more work. Unless you went for crimson fire, in which case it maybe only needs a slight color tweak.

Well there were two issues, I still need to get those fire textures that come with these brushes(its like 90MB), and also I put all the flames on the same layer, meaning that I had to put the same gradient on small flames as big ones and so I couldn't have any red on the small ones, unless I had a lot of red at the top of the larger flames...causing it too look like that. Next time I do that I will probably not make the same mistakes.

Also because of terms of use of the flame brush I will go ahead and say that it was made by a person named Obsidian Dawn also known as redheadstock on deviantart.com

Also A Winner is Me!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also two things first I should post on someones messenger to claim merit...unless the merits are a lie....but otherwise whose messenger should I post on? Zophia shut hers down.

Second thing I will try to work on this weeks comp today, as I think I already have an idea.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Pft, who needs details anyway!
Contrast is goooood fooor yooou!!
Lolol~

And If can actually manage to get done with what struck me as a decent idea today, I will enter. Otherwise... I might enter in Saturday with something rushed...
Or not enter at all, would be better for studying....
I'm hoping you enter. More entries is always good~

Also because of terms of use of the flame brush I will go ahead and say that it was made by a person named Obsidian Dawn also known as redheadstock on deviantart.com
Good boy. See, I knew it already because I use the same brushes, but I forgot to remind you that you should add credits... So glad you added it, though a bit late~
Btw, ObsidianDawn.com works just as well as 'credit goes here' link, and is kinda easier to write than ____ on _____. Imo~

Also A Winner is Me!
Yes, where do you want your merit? Not gonna unlock my profile comments unless you poke me on AIM when you're ready to post, people pounce it surprisingly fast.

so I couldn't have any red on the small ones, unless I had a lot of red at the top of the larger flames
Selection tool. Though I can actually recommend using semi-large soft brushes for colouring the flames rather than using a gradient. Gives it a more moving and less flat look.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Selection tool. Though I can actually recommend using semi-large soft brushes for colouring the flames rather than using a gradient. Gives it a more moving and less flat look.

hmm I could try that next time especially now that I know how to use clipping layers

Yes, where do you want your merit? Not gonna unlock my profile comments unless you poke me on AIM when you're ready to post, people pounce it surprisingly fast.

Very well then....too AIM!!!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

...you know Zophia according to AIM your offline and I used the wrong "to" in that last post. So is it possible that I could just post the image(you will know it when you see it) on my own profile and you can just merit that?

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Just case I don't get my other thing done...

Wrong face though... D:

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/Perslos/Gagcopy2.png

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Crap, I didn't notice I misspelled Pixie's name.
I'm not gonna retype the whole BBcoding for that. Apologies will have to do. Sorry about any and all typos in the judging. D:

That is fine, I'm ashamed to say I didn't notice.
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

i am gunna sit this one out cause paint is being a biatch sry

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

MARTON CURSED! BAD HIMMMMMMMMMMM! (her?)

Riiight, I'm entering a Pokemon for this one...

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

Him and ok thank you for pointing out biatch is not a word.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I'm not entering a Pokemon, I changed my mind:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/Zega96/CuteWalkX.png

Feedback, anyone?

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Feedback, anyone?

I assume aaawww... cute is good enough as feedback lol

I like the vivid colours and the shading is pretty good.

aaawww...cute.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That dragon looks huge, btw. Not sure what else to say about it... Little people defending their keep from big dragon?

I can always post the story if you'd like, and that dragon IS huge. and I mean freakin' huge. Shadow of the collosus x1000 huge. But of course it's not unbeatable. It's extremely hurt by fire. Callled a draken'dor. Not relating to the nergyl, btw. Oh, and I have a thing for seriously huge monsters. a big thing.
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

I have a thing for seriously huge monsters

huge monsters fetish lol
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

Yes Zophia my scanners broken still, it was a printer/scanner but now its gone somewhere and i only have a normal printer. so i probably wont be getting one anytime soon.

Showing 5731-5745 of 6854