ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4230705
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Fear me, I ... *GASP* TRIED.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs23/i/2009/238/4/f/Defending_The_Keep___ASC_by_Thoadthetoad.png
I guess not that hard, though.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I don't understand Raptor's at all. .... ???

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Zega, it is dragoncave. If you have a certain amount of eggs and hatchlings on the scroll, you cannot get any more. In this case the gold one is the fifth egg, which means there are no room for more.
And this egg is kept instead of abandoned.
For the sake of the last frame, when you are playing DC it often happens that new eggs are coming out, and people want these, but since there is no more room for eggs, you cannot get them.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Can't you just delete dragons and add those eggs that you want?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Can't you just delete dragons and add those eggs that you want?

Not unless you want to loose some of the eggs or hatchlings. Go read the guide in the DC thread, and you might understand.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Thought I'd made it clear enough, even without knowing what DragCave is, but I'm not good at 'storytelling' so my bad XO

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Thought I'd made it clear enough, even without knowing what DragCave is, but I'm not good at 'storytelling' so my bad XO

I found it pretty funny. Specially cause the same thing happened to me .
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

Soo with dragcave, when can you get more eggs?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Soo with dragcave, when can you get more eggs?

When a couple things hatch/grow up, and you have open slots =)
Specially cause the same thing happened to me .

Happens to everyone, it's just a matter of if the eggs are here forever, because then it's no problem, or if they're the oh so coveted.....*whispers* holiday releases.

I still have DC nightmares about Leetle Trees and V-Days...
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

I don't think much people like the theme...

300th forum post woot!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I don't think much people like the theme...

So... You dislike when I am vague, dislike when I am clear, dislike when it is precise and dislike when it is broad....
Conclusion: People cannot take up the challenge.
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

So... You dislike when I am vague, dislike when I am clear, dislike when it is precise and dislike when it is broad....

Do not challenge my intelect, haha. I never said i had a problem with it.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Do not challenge my intelect, haha. I never said i had a problem with it.

I never directed it at you specifically.
You in this context is plural and directed at all the users in the ASC.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I never directed it at you specifically.
You in this context is plural and directed at all the users in the ASC.

Well I would find it difficult assume thats what you meant when you only quoted one person, and then started saying that without any note that you were directing it towards multiple people. Now I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this or anything, but I would think that if you(actually this could be anyone, but is mainly talking to Cenere) quote a single person and then say "You" I would assume you are talking to that single person, unless you said otherwise.

Also I made something for just about every theme that was too specific or too broad...and at first I thought the word to only have 2 meanings, but then I looked at dictionary.com and it has 55 definitions, including phrases that can be used with that word.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Alright, getting some bad vibes here.

Cenere quoted this I don't think much people like the theme...

Then cen said People cannot take up the challenge.

So it was clear to me it was aiming at us. But, I've only been here for 3 themes,no problems, only hard part for this one was deciding which idea to use; because I had so many 'good' ideas.

Showing 5701-5715 of 6854