ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5485759
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I hate grammar. The thing I hated the most was when I would always ask a teacher, "Can I go to the bathroom?" Then they would say, "I don't know.... can you?" And you would have to say, may I instead of can I.
So I have hated grammar since then.

Well I think that is more of proper citation and manners, then grammar, as saying it like that is rarely used anymore.Including in even news articles and such.I think it is used mostly for when you refer to someone formally, and such who is to be treated as an authority figure or such,but I think that was just something that your teacher wanted to be used in your grammar. I am not quite sure why though.Either way,I already have an idea for what I could do with a grammar theme.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have one too... *looking eeriely at Crimson*

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1!!!one!!111!

That was my joke! I was going to use that one if the next them was grammar!

That was what I was going to do too!!!!!1!1

Well I think that is more of proper citation and manners, then grammar, as saying it like that is rarely used anymore.Including in even news articles and such.I think it is used mostly for when you refer to someone formally, and such who is to be treated as an authority figure or such,but I think that was just something that your teacher wanted to be used in your grammar. I am not quite sure why though.Either way,I already have an idea for what I could do with a grammar theme.

When you are about to burst from the two milks you just drank at lunch, it is hard to remember proper grammar. =P Just saying.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

By the way: I love danish grammar:
Jeg er, du er, han/hun/den/det er, vi er, I er, de er:P
So easier.
At least English does not have evil genders like german have...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

By the way: I love danish grammar:
Jeg er, du er, han/hun/den/det er, vi er, I er, de er:P
So easier.
At least English does not have evil genders like german have...

Yes, English is such a confusing and hard language to learn. Which is why I am glad it was my birth speech.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You have no idea how evil German is... Genders....
Let me give you an exsample:
There is three genders:
Der - Masculine
Die - Feminine
Das - Neuter
And... Plural, I guess.

AND there is Nominative, accusative, dative and genetive.

Meaning that when you say something, you have to know its gender, and the article...
That is 16 possibilities........ 16!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

There is three genders:
Der - Masculine
Die - Feminine
Das - Neuter
And... Plural, I guess.

AND there is Nominative, accusative, dative and genetive.

Meaning that when you say something, you have to know its gender, and the article...
That is 16 possibilities........ 16!

gosh....
My teacher was born in Germany, he taught me one word : schmetallin. (no idea how to spell it.) It means butterfly.
So I am good if a German person comes up to me and ask me a question such as "What does a caterpillar turn into?"
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You have to remember the gender

Schmetterling [m]. It is a masculine word, thus you should answer "Ein Schmetterling."

Nouns should always be written with a capital.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

There is three genders:
Der - Masculine
Die - Feminine
Das - Neuter
And... Plural, I guess.

you have no idea how many things are wrong with that.First off I find it a bit disturbing that they consider neuter(unless you misspelled it)a type of gender, which is the term used when a male animal gets well...."fixed" and also I find it a bit disturbing that the feminine version is "die" which in English has a completely different meaning(I hope so at least) and also you misspelled example.Still I am not very good with foreign languages myself.I may have an "A" in English 10, but an "E" in Spanish 2.So yeah I suppose that unless you are raised with a language,then you will struggle learning it later on in your life.I actually know a person who was raised as a trilingual who knows German, English, and some other language I can't quite remember.Although lets not make a theme out of foreign languages.Can we agree on that one?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Neuter would be "nongender" the same as it.
Die is pronounced Dee, and is used like this: Die Frau (the wife/lady).

Oh, I agree.
Saa hellere tilbage til emnet. Udoede personer, der raadner.
Zombies XD

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Nominative, accusative, dative and genetive.

So no vocative and ablative? That's a relief...two less cases than Latin.

And is there such a thing as the gerund/gerundive in any other language!?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I do not know about that, but Latin is just evil with genders and articles!!
I only know the german ones, and hate them, because there are so many (not compared to Latin). Hard to learn to some, I guess.
Oh, by the way, Strop. Do you know an illness with symptoms like sweating a lot, fever, bad stomach, headache, more fever, unable to sleep, tiredness, muscle pains...?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Five pages later and I think we've decided our new topic.

BUT WE'RE STILL DOING ZOMBIES! I mean drawing them...

Eww. Not my thing that.

Anyway...

* Properly, simple past tense is I was. "I were" seems to be used in conditional: "If I were" but some people say "If I was" as well...so I get confused.

But consider yourself warned of the inappropriateness medical students can come up with. :P

That's not even the worst one. Wrist bones: "Some Lovers Try Po-"... or should I say Scaphoid, Lunate, Triquetrum, Pisiform, Trapezius, Trapezoid, Capitate, Hamate xD

DRAW MOAR ZOMBIES. BRAAAAAAAIIINNNNNSSSSSSSS
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Do you know an illness with symptoms like sweating a lot, fever, bad stomach, headache, more fever, unable to sleep, tiredness, muscle pains...?

Sounds more systemic, and I note you've had it for a while. Have you had any tests? That might help.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have had bloods tests taken twice now, calling to the docot tomorr... In three, four hours to get the result. Already eating pills for some of it, but they had to do more tests. No one can tell me what it is, and it annoy me a bit, since I seem to be ill all the time. Had a three days break a week ago, then I caught a cold instead of the flu....

Showing 1561-1575 of 6854