ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5489988
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It really does no use to question it now. He won, and he won fair and square, even if it was by a different than normal standard. He won for adding humor to his work, which can make an art piece a lot more entertaining and fun. Besides, it is only fair to award for different categories, because it give the chance for more people to show their strengths and have a chance to win.

So please, stop questioning the judging. Cholokid would not have won if he did not excel over everyone else in a certain category. This week, that category happened to be the lulz.

Gigantic
Gigantic
36 posts
Nomad

Nice Apoc it looks much better.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Next theme: Watches!

That just randomly popped up in my head.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I didn't like CholoKids

psh. haters be hating.
Gigantic
Gigantic
36 posts
Nomad

Watches Firetail?I dunno might be a bit awkward.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Watches Firetail?I dunno might be a bit awkward.

uhm... I dont know what you think watches are... but they are the things that go around your wrist and tell time.
Gigantic
Gigantic
36 posts
Nomad

uhm... I dont know what you think watches are... but they are the things that go around your wrist and tell time.

I know what they are silly but like how would you have an art competition on watches?Maybe jewelerry or something.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

but like how would you have an art competition on watches?

you draw a watch? its not that difficult...
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, I haven't entered in a looong time. Here goes!

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/KING-1.jpg

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I would do this if I didn't have anything better than ametuer skills in paint.
P.S. Apocolypse, that is the most awesome name I've seen in a while. . . .sides mine of course ^-^U.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

thoad, get paint.net. It's free, and has some cool effects. That's what I use

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

oh cool thx!

P.P.S. Watches would be an awesome theme! I could already see what I would draw!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Cool figure and a very pretty font, Estel.

Oh, and:

I know what they are silly but like how would you have an art competition on watches?Maybe jewelerry or something.
You clearly have no idea how creative a watch can be made. I actually think that is an absolutely awesome theme suggestion, and I know some of the entries could be absolutely beautiful.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oops, missed a page...

So please, stop questioning the judging. Cholokid would not have won if he did not excel over everyone else in a certain category. This week, that category happened to be the lulz.
I wasn't questioning the judging. Just saying I liked LonLon's better. My humor isn't tuned in on Chuck Norris and it was a skewed vesion of the theme (just like mine (that also should have gone after LonLon's in the judging (just my opinion (I use too many brackets)))), so I never really got the joke in CholoKid's, thus I like something else better. But it's all up to Strop, and I am sure he does his best in giving a fair judging.

Also, good job Apocalypse, nice choice of colours and font. ^^

Sorry for double posting.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Good one Estel! This is a close round.
Oh let's see about that... >:3

Sorry if that sounded a little over-confident. I'll probably fail. :P
Showing 436-450 of 6854