ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490137
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Its very cool but where does it say Gantic or are you working on it?

Ahar!

This is important to note. I said that the theme was "your name". But this does not mean the same as actually writing your name in the actual artwork!

This is a very challenging theme because it employs a different process, somewhat more similar to the design process and tests your skills of lateral thinking. Communication, after all, takes many forms.

So I'll tell you right now that Gantic's entry is, to me, completely legitimate as it has been displayed.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Coooooool... Awesomely designed, Gantic! Definitely my favorite of the entries so far.
Very, VERY nice way of writing your name.
Can't you guys see it?

Demonarian23
Demonarian23
415 posts
Nomad

cool gantic

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Zophiamazzelhs-smallview.jpg
Click image for full view.

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

how did strop not win with his comic drwing!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

how did strop not win with his comic drwing!?!?!?!?!?!?![quote]Strop is judging. He can't make himself win. He just makes entries to inspire the rest of us, and for the fun of it.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

how did strop not win with his comic drawing!?!?!?!?!?!?!

b/c strop was the judge,so he wasn't really a contestant.Also it seems I haven't been on this thread for awhile.I might try my hand at this one.Also I noticed someone said they would have made one in Google Sketch-up before.Do you think a 3D art competition would be a good idea?Anyways I shall try to make one in 2D for now.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh, quotation FAIL....
But you know what I meant to write. Just inverse the quotation.

Btw, my entry...
Fullcolourpencil-inked-pencil-sketch-digitallineart-flatcolours-fullcolourdigital in the background, the opposite in the mazzelhs. And ball point pen for the letters.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Gantic you can barely identify the T and the C in your name.

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Wow, there has been a lot of discussing since my last post, as well as a lot of awesome submissions. You guys (and girls) rock! As far as the competition went last round, I just want everyone to know that we are all winners. Yay!

gamemasterboy
gamemasterboy
35 posts
Nomad

[b][i][quote]we are all winners yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well first off here is my entry.Took me about an hour or so to make,including all of the effects and such.It felt shorter then that though.Anyways here is my entry.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/signature-1.jpg

Also just a thought,but I was wondering if we could have a contest some time this month for Halloween

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

I like Zophia's entry and Gantic's I would love, but I can't see his name =(. This is the only competition I can actually enter.
This is my entry.

mentorso123???what the helll is that?

I know it's not art but I had to do it.
Sorry.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

uh thanks I didn't really expect anyone to like it all too much,since I am not the best at art,but its good to know you like it.

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Name Fail

This one is super fun! Yay. I can't help but to think I forgot to put something in there...
http://www.thebanditsociety.com/misc/name.jpg

Showing 466-480 of 6854