ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5492886
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

It is a little sad with the smudging. It does not make it look remarkably better in the sense that the smudging is not smooth.
There are a few mistakes, which is a little sad.

but I put a lot of love in it D: D: D: jkng, but is it really that bad?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You know what, its alright because I have the original and I know how much better it looks then the scanned version and I admit that the scanner took away a good bit of what I did. So I'm picturing my original when you are judging the scanned one.

Just like the first I entered had the fugliest colours on scan... There is a great difference, sadly, between what you see before a scan, and what others see after one....

Back to the first thing I said, It isn't about winning. It's about not even placing

You would most likely have had 3rd place if there had been one. Just because you do not place does not mean yours was bad, it simply means that there was something that interfered with the liking of the entry.

Usually I like entering for real because I then can get at least one comment on the art (which I do not do neither by posting in my thread nor posting as a judge).
I have been posting art for most of the rounds before the summer vacation, and many of those has been after I became a judge, which meant I had to actually ask people what they thought about it.
So I guess it is a different mentality we have. You want to be acknowledged for your time and work, I just want to be acknowledged...

Also, I really want to know where all them posts came from > <

No more anger from Bronze and if you ever want me to judge I'll do it.

We will see how long it takes before Zophia and I decides we do not want to be judges anymore?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

You want to be acknowledged for your time and work

Mainly because it is the only thing I consider myself good at.

Also, I really want to know where all them posts came from > <

Which ones?

We will see how long it takes before Zophia and I decides we do not want to be judges anymore?

Just throwing out a suggestion, because I obviously have more free time than you guys at the moment.

Also, I have an Idea for this theme that will take me less than 30 minutes to do...so I guess I will be going back on my time and effort
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I should be the next judge.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Why? Because you enter the contest? Oh wait....

Just throwing out a suggestion, because I obviously have more free time than you guys at the moment.

I have classes two times next week.... Both stops at 12 am...

Which ones?

Mine > >

Mainly because it is the only thing I consider myself good at.

Another difference between the two of us. I do not consider myself good > >
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm sorry, I'm just a little pissed at the judging I just thought time and effort were apart of the criteria.
You should have seen the 'Fashion' round. Yeah.

There is not much to choose from they are all rather... "Here is a horse" like.
Yeah, I'm actually really disappointed in that. :< The theme wasn't 'Horses', it was 'Equines'... Yet everyone just went horse.

Depends on how you define free time. I don't have a job, and I don't have school, so it's kind of all free time, except, you know, struggling with trying to find an income.

Go play in the judging contest...
No, seriously, stop making random posts about wanting to become the next judge. If you really want to, start proving yourself capable of doing a good job at it.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

Go play in the judging contest...

I did but nobody seemed to notice.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I'm actually really disappointed in that. :< The theme wasn't 'Horses', it was 'Equines'... Yet everyone just went horse.
Mainly because I didn't know what an Equine was at first, and when I searched for it on Wikipedia it said it was horses...
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Look up the definition of Equines. I put it in dictionary.com and it literally gave me this definition:

a horse

It also gave me this one:

of, pertaining to, or resembling a horse

In fact I looked at definitions of the word using Google, and only one of the many that were given said that they were anything, but horses. So to me it might as well have been horses.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Equine is a word used for the family of horses (which includes donkeys and mules).
And horse-like...

Oh well...
Would be like feline or canine.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Equine is a word used for the family of horses (which includes donkeys and mules).
And horse-like...

Your getting it mixed up with Equidae Cenere?
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Equidae is the horse family, Equus is the genus of animals in the family Equidae that includes horses, donkeys, and zebras.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Your getting it mixed up with Equidae Cenere?

I do not. I am just not expressing myself properly. But then again, I am not sure how I should put it...

Instead of drawing horses, it could have been horselike anyway. I actually had a few tries on some other drawings such as a marionette horse and some of the horse monsters.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Instead of drawing horses, it could have been horselike anyway.

Yes well that would fit my entry now wouldn't it?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yes well that would fit my entry now wouldn't it?

It was funneh.
... And now I wish I had a car. Darn...

I like onlinedictionary better.
equine - hoofed mammals having slender legs and a flat coat with a narrow mane along the back of the neck
equine - of or belonging to the family Equidae
equine - resembling a horse

Yus.
Showing 6001-6015 of 6854