ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5492104
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well if you can get anatomy, colouration texturing, and a use of light, a modeling programing can fill in the shading, highlight, and perspective. What I like to think about 3D rendering is basically imagine you are taking a picture usually you like to think of what you want in a scene and such except unlike a picture where you just have to find a scene in life in a 3D program you have to make it.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

He could. He just need to get down the basics of anatomy, lineart, colouration, highlights and shadows, use of light, use of colour, different styles and techniques, advanced anatomy and use thereof, perspective and so on faster than I learn new things?
It should be possible if he practices enough.

Yep, it only took 18 years of practice for me to get to where I am now. In my opinion, art is just something you are born with, a natural talent of sorts.
JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

OK...it's been some time since I last participated here...so I made something quick to catch up with this theme..

So this is a picture what shows a man who is almost out of Time
:P
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9300/moreb.jpg

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I love the prespective of the guillotine. It's fun to look at the guy, then to scroll up to the top of the guillotine, gives the illusion of actually looking up at it.

And here, let me try and help you:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9300/moreb.th.jpg

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

thanks with the help...when I messed up the second time so I decided not to post more...because there's always some nice person who fixes the problem ;D

and nice you like my picture

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yep, it only took 18 years of practice for me to get to where I am now. In my opinion, art is just something you are born with, a natural talent of sorts.

Shhh, you will just break his heart!
It can be learned, though, but the motivation and passion has to be there to use hours on hours to stare at other people's drawings to see how they did that little thing that made that and that look good.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

thanks with the help

No problem.

Shhh, you will just break his heart!
It can be learned, though, but the motivation and passion has to be there to use hours on hours to stare at other people's drawings to see how they did that little thing that made that and that look good.

Ha, is it worse for me to break his heart or for you to raise his hopes to high

Well "Gabriel" better start practicing...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Ha, is it worse for me to break his heart or for you to raise his hopes to high

[mumble]Crashing high hopes are more fun[/mumble] I guess - -
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Well aren't you an evil one Cen...

***Update****

My ASC piece is not done yet, gotta fix some things.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well aren't you an evil one Cen...

There are reasons why I glare at people saying I should be mod... Because I am more mean than nice....

My ASC piece is not done yet, gotta fix some things.

Btw, if you have not yet coloured it, you could try and scan it, then colour, then scan and see what is best?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

There are reasons why I glare at people saying I should be mod... Because I am more mean than nice....

Ah I see, you would turn into Sauron if given power.

Btw, if you have not yet coloured it, you could try and scan it, then colour, then scan and see what is best?

I'll probably do that. I don't really like to color, I just usually do it because I don't see many uncolored ones winning. Also, it isn't because I'm lazy, I just like how it looks.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Ah I see, you would turn into Sauron if given power.

MWAHAHAHAHAAAA... I mean.... Noooooh....

I'll probably do that. I don't really like to color, I just usually do it because I don't see many uncolored ones winning. Also, it isn't because I'm lazy, I just like how it looks.

Ahem: Grey is technically not a colour!!
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

An experiment in style that probably failed. I was about to use Gary Larson's style but I decided against it. It still has a hint of The Farside though.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/10seconds.jpg

10 seconds until self-destruct...9...8...7...Last chance to press the big red button to abort.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well since Cenere is sooo evil...I'm sure some where in the world there are those who would consider his art as poor compared to someone else...guess he feels good here away from the masses of serious critics. Anyways I believe not in talent just hardwork. Think of the poor cold scared little man who came up with fire just to survive then there is Cenere drawing with mud on the cave walls thinking "I need more light but how?" B)

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

Anyways I believe not in talent just hardwork.

I believe the same, hours of hard work, will beat pure talent. So sooner or later, I will beat Cenere's combo of hard work and talent, with just pure hard work. (gets depressed) Though I only have around 2 hours a day to work on my drawings, and the rest is spent vacuuming, cleaning, doing dishes, and working...
Showing 6046-6060 of 6854