ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5487146
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Can I enter the armatar I entered for the armatar contest? It's kind of Amateur though.

Entry must be made for contest... I really need to get those stickies updated = =
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Game themed.
http://content.screencast.com/users/Zega96/folders/Jing/media/12b06300-b4dd-4a14-9ce0-d18dab3899d9/Landscape.png

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I made an entry but it didn't look how I wanted it too....

So I'll try again tomorrow!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Better than "scape-goat" > >...
THIS ONE!
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/f/2010/057/f/2/Not_so_much_a_Land_scape_by_Caelann.jpg
No nipples, ttly no nudity.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Wonder what Strops going to do...nvm he hasn't been in this thread for awhile B(

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

No...Strop is long gone from the ASC...

Ah those were the days...

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/b/8/Landscape__Sunset_by_Hectichermit.png

yay! done, I wanted to put trees in this but didn't want to cover up the sunset/ mountains so I just made some grass....Sorry no crazy person's dream about naked ppl running threw fog B)

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

That's cool. Did you hand paint that and scan it in or did you use some fancy shmancy art program?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

A program, its free B) just you'll probably need a tablet to use it cause mouse drawing sucks, MyPaint

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I loved your drawing, Hectichermit! I'll try using that program

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Thanks its pretty good, just watch out cause zooming out increases the resolution of the image you do, which if you have a slow program drawing at a 6000 by 6000 canvas will slow it down, other then that I its all about brushes...lots of brushes...just got to find a few you like or maybe make one when you figure it out

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Okay. Is it easy to use?

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I have a tablet, I don't want to learn how to use another program. I still have trouble with Flash

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Yea just open p the tool panels and draw stuff, 3 tool panels I use are Color Sampler,Layers and Brush List

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You press E to switch from eraser to drawing, the eraser will have the same effects as the brush you switched from, btw Flash is a hard program to use B) it was made for animation so more stuff in it...this ones just for drawing/painting

Showing 6646-6660 of 6854