ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5489212
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Ha ha realy nice job on your zombie food Cenere.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well...I looked back over the pages...and I don't think anyone has had this idea yet...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/food.jpg

What do you think? Worthy of first place?

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I kind of hope that one wins

But Cenere won the last round so that pic will go in the winner's exhibit :P
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

AW DUDE. KINGRYAN.

Now Estel has competition for the DM.

That's just gross.

But since Klaushouse's Box entry was allowed...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

But Cenere won the last round so that pic will go in the winner's exhibit :P
Lol, how the heck did I manage to forget that! I must have been tired...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I am fine with winning again, really. I do not need the merit, but the winning title would be cool...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That's a part of the judging I have to figure out...I'll get back to you on that one.

Speaking of food, I blame fst6 for reminding me how I used to play cops-and-robbers with fruit.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/spafoodfight1.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/spafoodfight2.png

Have you ever been hit in the face with a pineapple? I have. They're very heavy and surprisingly spiky...

Most of you are probably wearing a WTF expression on your faces, so I feel some explanation may help (...with keeping your faces that way until the wind changes direction, hehe.) See, when I was in high school I had an idea for a comic which depicted a satirical process of overthrowing a government. It was called The Short People Army because the friend whom inspired this with his frequent passionate rants was very short and frequently taken not-at-all-seriously. Also he had a spiky haircut that resulted in his being nicknamed "Mushroomhead", hence the character here: Marshall Mushroomhead.

The other character is a caricature of me. I haven't drawn many strips but I have a small collection of very silly shorts which depict the kind of dynamic my friend and I had in school. He was a very...violent character and we got along like a house on fire in more than one sense of the phrase. People got out of our way when we were together.

Speaking of food fights...I've been reading One Piece lately. Yes, me, a ninja, has been convinced by this manga that pirates are way awesome. Anyway, take this! And this!

lol

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Anyway, take this! And this!
O_o.........
That almost disturbed me.

The rest of my comments you know. :P
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm, I should start reading One Piece again...

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Ha Ha Strop that is really cool I gotta say

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I should start reading One Piece again...

I agree. I watched the show for a little bit, but the manga looks pretty interesting as well.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

NO WAI! You can win the contest, fst, but I will win the DM! Mwahaha! Of course now I have an idea of what to do for zombies :P

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

gee..food..
i'm not participating..
how bout the next topic be.....
cartoon characters?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Estel:
Should I be afraid already now?

@Pedspog:
Interesting. I don't know what else to say, but it is certainly interesting.

@shermzx:
We appear to be voting for zombies. :P

Showing 1246-1260 of 6854