ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5486819
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

@Cenere but you only have 2 merits???And yea he does have tough work but I would say in my opinion that Cenere, Estel and Zophia are the best artists in this thread I dunno Strop because I haven't seen Strops work since he is the judge.And as you said yes I see all the work people but in theirs.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

howlett, check out this thread to see some of strops work.It is quite impressive to say the least.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Cenere but you only have 2 merits???

I did not want one of them. I won the Hair-theme, but was told by someone I respect that it was not worth a merit, so I denied it. Never got the merit, and Strop mocked me with it last time I won.
Strop is rather good, and he do upload a picture each comp.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

@Crimson Yea I just checked it out wow he is an amazing artist I must say =)

@Cenere I just looked and checked and Zophia has one 4 times you have one 3 check out the art skills competition results if you wanna look at all the winners including from the GFX Art Battles.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm, Zophia has a merit from reviewing a game... ANyway, I will go look.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Hmm, Zophia has a merit from reviewing a game... ANyway, I will go look

Guess I must have counted wrong oh well.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

No, I think you are right. Music, technology, boxes, halloween...
Me: night, hair, wildlife.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Maybe she did what you did?I dunno...ask her oyur friends with her, aren't you?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, Strop won the box-theme.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah at that time,Carlie was the judge and she screwed up on the link to his submission.There was no such thing as a DM back then though.I bet half of the new users posting on here,don't even know what the GFX Art Battles were for some reason.Anyways I could have sworn that she had won more then that.Although Gantic has managed to win a couple himself,with his very unique and almost abstract style of art.I can think of two immediately that I know he won.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh, the good old GFX Art Battle. Stopped two weeks after I joined. Back then there was no rule about not being able to win two consecutive weeks, meaning I pwn'd the ending of that thread thoroughly.

So I've actually only won one round of this thread. Though I think my wildlife entry had a very good chance of winning, had I not won the week before.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Back then there was no rule about not being able to win two consecutive weeks

Well actually I think it did,but it was added in half way through the thread and so many new contestants didn't see it.So really I don't think alot of the rules were enforced very well back then.Including ones for using other peoples work in your submissions.So I think that was the main reason why the Art Skills Competition was created.Although I could be wrong.It has been awhile I suppose.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I believe I won a few back in the day of the GFX battlez (:

My one on fire was by far my favorite, and I won with that one. I think there may have been another, but I'm not totally sure.

I'm not really the best with free drawing on an art program. I'm more into the use of shapes, colors, effects, and fonts to make a piece.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

At least Strop is judging the idea, creativity and way the creativity comes out, instead of favoriting the ones that draw better than others. I try to make the ideas as original as I can, the quality comes later.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh, ideas...
That is why I don't win so much as I could~
Which is good.
Arghhhh, I should sooo do something to the sketch I have for this theme......

Instead I've worked my way up to 2000 forum posts. What a procrastination. *sighs at self*

Showing 1456-1470 of 6854