ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5487149
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

His mouth looks like a spaghetti-o, with sauce added and everything =)

When you put it that way.It surprises me,how true that statement is.Although I have to admit the hair reminds me of a vampire or something.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

His mouth looks like a spaghetti-o, with sauce added and everything =)

Hmm? Alright then, that's a nice help full fact
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Pretty cool.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Then again you could just remove the DM then there is no reason for those pages of jokes...hmmm

Heh, yeah...I'm possibly going to have to alter the dynamics ever-so-slightly here. The jokes are funny and all that but this is an art competition after all. Soooooooo...my judging style may be slightly altered.

Well it's not even that. I never judge the 'ay out Strop' entries as winners anyway :P

Will also consider the idea of a "Strop week" though...if it is deemed compatible with site policy and perhaps not likely to be completely disastrous. But if I do such a thread, I will probably have to crack down and enter 'strop' mode for a while until the integrity of this competition reaches a new equilibrium.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

how bout making a competition where the user must create some sorta comedic self symbolism, that would be hard lol who can joke about themselves...hehe

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

hate to say it everyone but. . .
HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Exactly. Whats the difference between him drawing sexual things and me commenting on sexual things?

Lol don't bring me into this! XD
I am special, I get away with a lot of things I shouldn't get away with and I am no example to be following. I hate to see someone say 'but klaus did it' cause I shouldn't be doing it and I don't want people to do what I do. Come on guys...

And also I think we need to remind ourselves that this is, in fact, an arts competition, not a joke competition, let's try and put some effort into this! If you are going to make a joke, atleast but a ton of artistic value into it!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If you are going to make a joke, atleast put a ton of artistic value into it!

Well I spend as much time into mine as I can on the art,but I try to keep it simple,so it doesn't end up looking trashy instead on accident.The thing is without enough practice,and skill.Its hard to make your work look to good.I spent more time on this entry,then pretty much any of my previous ones,because of this,and also I get that its a art contest,but in that case why not just create a new contest for those types of entries.The comedic art contest,or something like that.That way they could seperate the two types of entries.Otherwise if you don't want to do that,then I have no suggestions.I think they all tried to put as much work as they could in their submissions,but there is only so much skill and experience that everyone can go on.So they make up for it with other abilities,like thier sense of humor.You should know this quite well by now.I think thats all I can really say about that.One other thing though....

hate to say it everyone but. . .
HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

What!?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

in that case why not just create a new contest for those types of entries. The comedic art contest,or something like that.That way they could seperate the two types of entries.

I sincerely hope we won't get to this point. Creating that kind of arbitrary distinction would confuse people dreadfully.

Otherwise if you don't want to do that,then I have no suggestions.I think they all tried to put as much work as they could in their submissions,but there is only so much skill and experience that everyone can go on.So they make up for it with other abilities,like thier sense of humor.You should know this quite well by now.

Well that's the idea. I tried to broaden my palette for judging to account for this, but of course there's only so much one can do. If you notice the array of winners, you'll find that my judging tastes will vary as they get refined, and as the tides sway to and fro, they will change to go along with this.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, I noticed that no one got my reference. HENSHIN A GO GO BABY is viewtiful joes line when he basically goes ramboX.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol no none likes viewtiful joe!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Ha Danstanta that looks good, I like it.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

ohhhhh viewtiful Joe is awesome. But I haven't played it so I didn't get the reference D:

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol how can it be awesome if you never played it Strop. You are silly. Anyways, I am well on the way of making a sick entry. Strop saw it so far bwahaha. ! Anticipate.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well it's not even that. I never judge the 'ay out Strop' entries as winners anyway :P
... Halloween? Or does the adding of a pink negligee not count in that category, just because you like it? :P
Showing 1426-1440 of 6854