ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4241725
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@thoadthetoad: you could always take a photograph of it using a digital camera...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@_________________________:
Denmark^^
He's a mod, yes. He should remember this soonish......

@thoadthetoad:
Can you possibly find the software online?

Nomad

ahh ok, and haha hopefully he remembers.

http://armorgames.com/images/icn-loader.gif

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

maybe, but the scanner is fairly old. I do have my mom's camera, but I don't quite know how to get it on a forum. Besides that little thingamajig site. Which I forgot the url to. . . .help?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ehm, well. If you have the image as a .jpg/.gif/.png, you can upload it to an account on Photobucket.com
In my experience, that site is really great for hosting images. So go get an account.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I will thanks! can you send the instructions on my page so I don't lose them? sorry for the pain in the but ^-^

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

[quote]wow......

i have a feeling who the new strop/arax is

@kibbles:
Thank you?[/quote]

Hey, I'm still here ;..;

Seriously, how come I'm feeling like such a has-been lately :P
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, more disturbing is the implication that I'm the equivalent to Arax. I won't slag anybody here but I can point out that there is a difference between slapping an image and an effect together and drawing the entire thing by hand.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Exactly the same thing I was thinking about commenting on when I read that~
You and I are self performing artists, whereas Arax knew how to take images and effects and mix them up to get a good result.
So I give you a lot more artistic credit, Strop, it takes more skill to draw it yourself.
But I think he possibly just meant 'someone who'll end up in the higher end of the judging every week'.
And stop feeling like a has-been, you are still. :P

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And stop feeling like a has-been, you are still. :P

I'm still a has-been? xD

Nah, I'm just playing. It's just my mood right now.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Aww... *throw cheer-ups after you*

Still no sign of Estel?? We're waaay past Wednesday now... Oh well.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh well, maybe *sometime* on Wednesday he'll judge.

I can wait :3

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah... I'd just like a new theme soon, because I'll be offline for a while. :3

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Sorry everyone! I was a little busy yesterday, but judging will still go on! I will post the winners later tonight, alot of entries to go through and judge!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

can you give us the next theme? it would help alot while you're judging!

Showing 106-120 of 6854