ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4141676
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yes! It worked perfectly well that time shermzx. Nice job.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

~
i think i won't get more than third.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I would think so, haven't heard anything other than that... Should really finish mine!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Very nice shermzx, it worked this time! Good job.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ah, I made it in time. Usually 'Night' would have inspired me to go for something dark and potentially bloody, but instead I went *shiver* romantic. Not that I mind romance, it's just... A little too... Ehm. I love drawing affectionate images, but yeah...
Also, screwed up Kai's hair and Zoph's skin tone (and more things), but meh.

The lineart for this took forever (because I worked on it in tiny little stretches of time), but colouring the whole thing took exactly 70 minutes.
Yay for nightlights!

It's titled What if?, but no explanation for that for you guys. :P

Enough talking nonsense, the image now!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Whatifcopy.jpg

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

wow......

i have a feeling who the new strop/arax is

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

That's amazing! The girl's face looks a bit weird to me, though...for some reason.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

wow zophia...neat job :d
btw are those horns poking out from the girl's back?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@kibbles:
Thank you?

@kevin44:
I suddenly realized I had forgotten to draw her eyes... I've cleaned it up a bit now, looks better?

@jpx111:
Thanks^^ And yep, it's the remains of her wings. You see, there was this demon... Anyway, her wings got torn off and the healing made the remains heal into those horns.

Yay for pixelart Apocalypse! It looks good! ^^

Also, I have found the one thing in your posts that you are able to edit.

Nomad

Looks really good Zophia.

What did you find that your able to edit?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@_________________________:
Thanks^^

If you upload an image to Photobucket, and post that image here, and then deletes that image on Photobucket, and uploads a new file with the exact same name to the exact same folder, then the new image shows up in your post instead of the old one because it will have the same URL.
Not really an edit on AG, but it's kinda useful.

Nomad

Lol a nice little curve around it haha. But yeah that's neat.

hmm... my name may get kind of confusing huh?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Nah, copy/pasting makes it pretty easy to write~ Though people might nickname you ____

And where is Estel? He was supposed to judge the entries Wednesday, no? Okay, AG time there's still a couple of hours left, but I'm five hours into Thursday already...

Nomad

Hmm... what part of the world do you reside?

I think I asked estel a question earlier, he's a mod right? But he got off.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Now if only I knew how to work a scanner WHY?! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! I have a scanner, but not the software for it so I can't even use it, which SUCKS. I would totally try and KICK BUTT on this thing if I did. what with me always drawing one paper T_T.

Showing 91-105 of 6854