ForumsSupport Foruma question 4 one of the staff members who reads this!

10 2127
kewlstuff
kewlstuff
92 posts
Nomad

Why can't we allow HTML Code on our armorgames page? I guess that I see some of why you don't allow it, but sometimes I like to copy youtube videos, or games from other sites onto my page, that way the dont hav to click a link...do you think you could work something out? I'm sorry for not e-mailing this to John or a staff member, but I'm not supposed to giv it away...so could u answer with a post?

• 10 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You mean like, an actual movie or something here?

Couldn't you just direct them to the link?

kewlstuff
kewlstuff
92 posts
Nomad

lol thats wat i mean, it looks cooler that way

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, it'll still work with the links. It doesn't look as cool, but it still works!

kewlstuff
kewlstuff
92 posts
Nomad

i did that one time, i just posted like 10 youtube vid links on my page and even with descriptions above them it complicated them a litl, as if they didnt no wat they were exactly...theyd no wat they were automatically if the just saw the vid lol. so wheres a staff member lol? i no that ur #1 but ur not staff r u?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Nope, I'm not staff. Staff are usually very busy.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Idk thats just a rule.But i think it should be allowed

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This isn't needed. Why do this when you can just post a link? Plus, people's abouts would be cluttered with videos. I don't like this idea very much.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I would have to guess that it comes down to space available to host a profile and the time it takes to load that profile. Every time you put up a video or whatever, it has to be saved on a server somewhere and that takes up a great deal of space (at least I would imagine). Plus even just a few videos on a profile would slow down that page's load time immensely.
If you would like to better organize the links to videos, then use BB code to explain the link, rather than having the actual link displayed. Does that make sense?

kewlstuff
kewlstuff
92 posts
Nomad

ok yea thanks!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

1: Styling would be thrown off and become very messy.

2: More possibilities of posting explicit content.

3: Easy to call malicious scrips and windows.

Showing 1-10 of 10