ForumsSupport ForumSpammers.

10 1943
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

What is the point of spamming? Yo uruin the site, for every one else, and you suck the fun out of it. The mods get so tired of you they hardly come on. I mean if someone has rated like 800 games in like a week cant you like take some of there points away? There is no way they played all of those games.

• 10 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

People like ruining others' fun. And alot of people don't know it is spamming. And I can't directly take points away, but there is no way to really prove that he/she played 800 games. Therefore, we can't lay any punishment.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

...personally, I think chatting with other users is a form of spam, especially since there are other forms of chat available (i.e. Unofficial AG chat, MSN, AIM, etc). If they rated 900+ games, it doesn't really matter to me, nor should it bother you, we all do our own thing, don't we?

Besides, rating games isn't necessarily a form of spam at all -- they're not annoying users or anything of the sort, just getting a lot of points. It's the easiest way to climb the ranks/get points. If that bugs you, why doesn't chatting or backmodding/making useless forum posts ("I agree!&quot.

Can't do anything about spammers, since there will always be spammers. But you can definitely curb it by flagging frivolous and garbage comments/posts. I feel like a record player since I keep writing the same darn thing over and over again!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ddue, we al know to flag and move on. I am have been here longer then you, and dont need you telling me what I allready know. Its just annoying, what do you get from spam? The top rank in a few weeks? Then what?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Duly noted! But really, is it necessary to complain about spam so arbitrarily? If anything, threads like these fuel spammers to create even more spam because they know it gets to people. Hey, it's what they like!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah some people just like to make other people miserable!!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Spam is trash, its useless and annoying, it also keeps this site from moving on(in terms of upgrades) because everyones so worried the spam issue(as bad as it) will get worse. I suggest mods be stricter on spammers, they have no excuse to do it, there are plenty of other forums that have special places for spam, so please for our sake TAKE IT THERE!!!.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah we have an un official site do whatever you wan there

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

one comment: THEY ARE DOING IT FOR POINTS!!!!!

thats so simble!
people spam for AP!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

one comment: THEY ARE DOING IT FOR POINTS!!!!!

thats so simble!
people spam for AP!

Spam exists on every forum, this the only I've seen with AP.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The existence of spam has several explanations - all of which are fairly self-evident, however. I don't see how this is either support or a suggestion though.

Showing 1-10 of 10