ForumsSupport ForumUpgrade thru merits!

28 4433
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

What if instead of 25 AP, you got 1 upgrade point per merit, these would be used at a online store to make small changes to the way you view the site-
examples-edit button add on, forum skins, armatars sets,etc

Q:But wait drognar, this would cause spam wouldn't it?!
A:Of course not, you see people want to get Upgrade Points so they have to THINK, theres no spammers path around getting merits.
Q:wouldn't people whine & b@tch about this?
A:Sadly yes, although the best thing to do is ignore their posts, but most people I think would aren't willing to strive for it, will just find themselves happy with the site they have now, this is just a reward for the extra effort merit worthy have put into them.
Comments,anyone?

• 28 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think the most rational thing to do from this idea is to take only a bit of it...

armatars sets,etc

This would probably be the only thing that would work, but more on that later.

In my opinion: Forum Skins, and Edit Buttons would be pointless!

The edit buttons for example...this would take a lot of coding in itself, let alone coding it so that only people with merits could get it...

What if instead of 25 AP, you got 1 upgrade point per merit

I think just rewards for getting merits would work better than getting upgrade points...they would require a lot of coding, and would be a pain to work with...

So I propose:

A compromise!

What say there are Armatar Packs release which you need a certain amount of merits to receive? I think that this would work the best, and it would help repay those who are dedicated to the site, and actually play the games!

KingRyan
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I know making these things is a lot of work, but this would help discourage spam and reward those already contribute to the site. I must admit I put the Awards a little low.How about this-
Armatar Set 15 UP-setted armatars like demons, medieval 2, AG characters, maybe even a entire set for sonny
Forum Skin-18 UP
Armatar Pack 8 UP-(contains 10 random armatars)
Small Features(5 UP)-edits, colored text, new fonts, etc

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

A lot of people would complain about this. Some people (from non-english speaking countries or provinces) can't get merits because this is an English only site, and they might not be able to speak English well! That would be like shutting out that group of members from getting those armatars, features, etc.

For the forum skins, colored text, and new fonts, those should be unlocked when you reach a certain amount of AP, or they should be unlocked altogether like on other forum communities.

helloiambored
helloiambored
76 posts
Nomad

im english so i dont have to worry

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

A lot of people would complain about this. Some people (from non-english speaking countries or provinces) can't get merits because this is an English only site, and they might not be able to speak English well! That would be like shutting out that group of members from getting those armatars, features, etc.

For the forum skins, colored text, and new fonts, those should be unlocked when you reach a certain amount of AP, or they should be unlocked altogether like on other forum communities.

Actually Shayneii, a mod could simply run the text through a translator if it looks long enough, otherwise its probably non-english spam. I don't think there are too many non-english members though. Maybe we could even hire a language expert mod.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Actually... translators are extremely bad... you should hear the horror stories that my teacher gave in my french classes (I go to a french immersion high school, I am bilingual).

A translator is absolutely NOTHING compared to someone who knows the language. For example one kid translated from english to french "Captain Cook", (referring to the explorer) and it came up with "Captain Chef."

As for hiring bilingual (trilingual... multilingual... whatever) mods, that is up to the mods to decide who they want to select as a mod.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

for a compromise, shouldnt it be
1 upgrade point, and 15 ap per merit?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

You do know that you are asking the admins to a butt load of work to make those armatars, fonts and other features, right? There is no need to give them a bigger load.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You do know that you are asking the admins to a butt load of work to make those armatars, fonts and other features, right? There is no need to give them a bigger load.

"But we deserve stuff!", says Firetail.
"I know...", says a mod.
"I was joking...", Firetail answered quickly.

But you get my drift.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i agree.It will give them more load and maybe we wont be able to have better features in the future.Like layouts,armatars,etc.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

There are more armatars coming in the future as Carlie has said before. Just be patient!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah soon.And yeah we shouldn't have this idea so we could have better things and better communication styles.You get me?

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

It doesn't matter what you get, what does matter is thats is gotten thru merits so spammers can't get it and intelligent post is encouraged.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I still dis agree with this idea

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

dude, I really don't get why everyone comes up with this stuff and thinks it'll happen, like we need this s**t, we have AP, merits and everything should just go towards AP like they do

Showing 1-15 of 28