ForumsSupport ForumRegions?

12 2692
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I think AG would be cool if not now,but, in the future it had regions,like say i from Texas,and i want to see others that live in Texas so i go to countries North america, Texas.See?

• 12 Replies
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

That would sort of be an invasion of privacy. Plus you can just put where you're from on your page.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, no it wouldn't be an invasion of privacy. You wouldn't have to fill it out.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

That's a good idea... like your province/state/country in a region section of your profile. Like where AIM, MSN, and SteamID are.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

That would sort of be an invasion of privacy. Plus you can just put where you're from on your page

if its an invasion of privacy then why would you put it on your page? and the purpose is,if your curios and you want to see if anyone in lives in your town or state you would use this..the thing is why i and some others want this is because,i dont think anyone has time to look at over 130,000 profiles..and if i had it in a way i wanted it,you would have a checkbox asking "Would you like your name to be alowwed in 'Regions' search?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Couldn't you just put that for where you are?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Couldn't you just put that for where you are?

?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You know, the space where you fill in what place your in, right under your username.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

This is how kids get abducted through the internet. They meet up with someone who turns out to be a wierdo, and get themselves kidnapped.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well thats why theyre stupid..im not forcing them to do it and these things can get swerved around easily but people never learn. and fire read my post under shayneii's last post...and do it for people that have more ap and you talk to ALOT not some random person alot of ap,i dnt think 40 year olds will spend time getting stuff like that on a computer.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=gman1000]This is how kids get abducted through the internet.[/quote]

Yes, great point. You should only be able to select from a set list of states/provinces/countries, so that people cannot reveal their addresses or too much information.

However, if people want to reveal their address to someone on AG, they will find a way anyways.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

It could be a pretty neat idea, but there is the issue with that which gman1000 wrote... But well, are kids really that stupid nowadays? It's not that difficult to be careful, just bring someone with you when you're meeting someone you only know from the interwebs.
I think it could be cool to get in contact with nearby AGers.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I have seen kids with their phone number listed on their profile, which is just as bad as an address. While most people aren't that careless with their personal information, we don't want to be held responsible for someone giving out more information than they need to.
By listing what region you're in, that's an open invitation for sickos to be able to search a region and find gullible people to give out their personal information.
Sorry, but this idea just can't happen on a website like this.

Showing 1-12 of 12