ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749524
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Alas Egotistic is a synonym of Egocentric and vise versa so is selfish, conceited, vain, self centered, narcissistic, etc.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

A good argument consists of at least a premise and a conclusion but saying "You Wrong, I'm Right" is not a premise for arguing the definition of words, and I have clearly given evidence in which Klaus has tried to disprove the synonymous terms of egotistic and egocentric. Do I have to give the definition of a synonym to for the lil kids who argue by screaming the loudest?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alas Egotistic is a synonym of Egocentric and vise versa so is selfish, conceited, vain, self centered, narcissistic, etc.

I think PossibleInstability said it the best, you are just reinforcing your stupidity by saying things like that. Although they have near same meanings each has it's own use for different occasions, and you used egocentric in the wrong place. Even Strop blatantly laid out the fact that they are both "distinct terms" so I really don't know what else to tell you. It's an easy word to mix up and it's a common mistake, of which you could have just said "yeah, I made the mistake, they are similar and easily confused, doesn't make me an idiot". But no, instead of just admitting you are wrong you went on a stupid rant, and made yourself look dumb to anyone reading this. Stop crying and pretending you actually meant egocentric and just admit you were wrong and get over it, instead of constantly making yourself look dumber every post.

Furthermore your argument consists of saying egocentric/tistic are the exact same, which is wrong, and telling me that I am a little kid. I give you facts, you give me the childish comeback of "you are a dumb kid". Really, good job there hectic. You then actually say "brains of bears", which is great, cause making fun of me using my Armartar is a good idea, really painful. That is sarcasm, by the way. And then you link to egocentric and egotistical to show that they are the same whilst they have completely different meanings, which can be clearly seen by the links you have shown us yourself. Congrats, you literally just beat yourself in your own argument, I didn't really have to do anything.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

*Sigh* end strop thanks for your patience

rofl nice pic

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

*Sigh* end strop thanks for your patience

You are aware that he said that centric and tistic are two distinct terms, aka in a subtle way called you a moron, right?

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

No, they are not synonyms, they are loosely related. That's like you saying, "Wow, you got 86% in physics? You're smart." and me saying "No, I graduated top of my grade with 98% overall and got a full scholarship to MIT." Both would mean that I'm smart, but by no means are they the same thing.

A good argument consists of at least a premise and a conclusion but saying "You Wrong, I'm Right" is not a premise for arguing the definition of words, and I have clearly given evidence in which Klaus has tried to disprove the synonymous terms of egotistic and egocentric.

Of course no, everyone knows that. A proper argument is formed "I'm right, you're wrong." Notice how I used "You're" instead of "You". And don't say you were trying to make it seem like the person doing that is stupid and you were making fun of them. If you were you would have said "I right, you wrong". See what I did there? I countered your argument before you even said it, and now in turn you are going to deny that's what you were going to say. Also, notice how you place yourself first in an argument? It makes it seem like you are more important so that the others can wait. Just throwing that out there.

Oh and Strop, could you do that picture again, but before ninja-horse-you got there? So it's just two guys running around on fire? That'd be supa coo'.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Nah, because I have a better idea.

Guys.

Shut up.

Thank you.

This is now definitely wrong. Egotistic is under no circumstances a synonym of egocentric. They're not even used in the same way.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Egowhat?

I thought this was an Art Thread?

Funny pic Strop. A firetruck went by my house before.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It'll be back on track as soon as I start posting naked hor- I mean more pictures in here again.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It'll be back on track as soon as I start posting naked hor-

ticultural tools laying side by side, waiting for a farmer's warm embrace?

http://www.exportersindia.net/bellstone-agriculture/images/BHI-ATS-016.jpg
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yes Klaus, that's definitely it.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

As a doctor this is my second opinion:

n billed birds, of which is yellow in nature, perched on a delicate branch of a dead tree overlooking the woods themselves as they grow and prosper, as if an aging father watching over his younglings?

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/27539/140872/t/995358-Yellow-Billed-Horn-Bill-0.jpg
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You charlatan! I demand a third opinion!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

As many opinions as you need, I have. Trust me.

izons which cascade the waters adjacent with warm colors from the embracing hands of god surrounded by erosive land as if it were reaching to grasp the ocean into its paw?

http://en.wikivisual.com/images/7/7d/Horizon.jpg
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I disagree.

seradish roots, ripe for the grinding and pickling into that sublimating sauce known to some as the green hellfire, and to others simply as wasabi.

http://sarahmeyerwalsh.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/feedback_imagelasso.jpeg
Showing 856-870 of 1567