ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749538
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Manta: maybe you've forgotten that the primary purpose of the WoM was casting for a fighting game based on my version of the ArmorGames universe 8D

Kingryan: Pandora is a project. With lots of action in it. Starring this character. We'll figure out how to go about it. Eventually.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Manta: maybe you've forgotten that the primary purpose of the WoM was casting for a fighting game based on my version of the ArmorGames universe 8D

That would be correct.

Can I be an unlockable character for swimming over 5,000 feet on a watery stage?!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

roflrofl what, manta, there's no 5000 feet watery stage in a fighting game.

Also the entire exercise is like, an audition, you know? Your performance in the WoM will determine how (and if) I fit everybody's character into the scheme.

Strip
Strip
21 posts
Nomad

And so it is that I have gone from being Strop...to Strip.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/4-6.png

The change you all feared yet anticipated! Will it ever be reversed!? What will happen to the tournament!? All this and more, on THE WAY OF MODERATION.

/shameless plug

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I can't believe what you did to my hair!

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

roflrofl what, manta, there's no 5000 feet watery stage in a fighting game.

rofl, I meant overall, throughout the course of the game.

And nuuuuuuu to being an upside down mermaid!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It took a lot of thought for me to come up with a way to feminise Cen the way everybody in the WoM... except Cen... has been.

We figured Cen was the perfect psychotic serial killer: quiet and downtrodden, perfectionist and methodical to a fault, neatly groomed, timid and socially awkward, carries a lot of disapproving and anger and stress but bottles it up...

...to be released in the form of Jan.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/jan.jpg

The hair (most important bit) was done by Cen. Cen also picked the Walther P99, otherwise I would have given Jan something like a minigun.

I decided to name Cen's female version "Jan" because Cen is short for Cenere, or, as I've have dubbed him, "Cenere the Sincere". Jan, however, is short for "Janus", the Roman two-faced deity who has since become symbolic of liars. It works on so many levels!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Next up: The coloured version when I get my butt home (since I am procrastinating as much as I do at home)

And it does work in a wonder of ways.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Janus was the Greek god of doors and passageways, Stropsicle . . . .

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Still and awesome, awesome god. Beginnings, endings, time itself?
Though I too recall Strop's explanation used.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Janus was the Greek god of doors and passageways, Stropsicle . . . .

What? Janus isn't a Greek name... I'm afraid you mixed it up a little.

To quote the relevant bits:

He is most often depicted as having two faces or heads, facing in opposite directions. Janus is one of the few major deities in Roman mythology that does not have a Greek counterpart.

I will admit to stretching the "two-faced" part a bit. You're entirely correct about the doors and passageways.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Post it Strop! Our wonderful, world changing idea.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well fine, if you say so, although I will tell everybody now these are extremely rough sketches and I *will* be cleaning it up and colouring later.

...anyway.

So Queen Regina or whatever-her-name-was knit a woolen bikini for Strip...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wow. A whole two months since I posted here?

Shocking.

Well, uh, I guess I should explain why I still haven't finished the next scene of WoM yet >_>

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/enforcer.jpg

Concept for possible use in my novel. For more information click here because I'm sure not typing all that again.

Also it was over 40 degrees centigrade today, so I didn't get much done in general. Yeah.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Concept for possible use in my novel. For more information click here because I'm sure not typing all that again.

... how long is your novel?

Word informed me it had a Kincaid level of over 15, which basically means there are far too many big words.

You also have really long sentences. 16 sentences for over 400 words. The readability is terrible.

And predatorial isn't a word, only the effect of high-level long words.

I should probably get a dA account.
Showing 946-960 of 1567