ForumsSupport Forumthread deletion

12 2445
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I know this happens occasionally, such as if it's really bad or leads to a virus, but I would thought of a different form of deletion for the forums to not get so cluttered.

After a certain amount of time on the last page, being locked threads and whatnot, I think that they should get deleted. If it's been at the bottom of the lock trashcan for 6 months, I think it no longer has a purpose.

Just sorta running this by the mods ^-^

• 12 Replies
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Well, you never know. I have seen people actually bring up dead topics. Maybe people still want to talk about these things.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

well yes, but I mean for the locked threads. It gets annoying because I like to ressurect dead threads sometimes. But when the last 5 pages are consisting mainly of locked threads, the page takes longer to load and there aren't very many resurectable threads.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Yea the locked threads probably should be deleted since they were locked so long ago and they take up space.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The locked threads are around to teach other users WHY a thread was locked in the first place. Also, it's to tell other users of repeat topics. It's quite handy, although, I really wish the spammy posts were deleted.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I try to find an old thread, and tons of locked ones fill up the last few pages. It can get annoying.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

well, it is the poeples fault for not recognizing spam on a locked thread! I actually thought that when a thread was locked, the points went away.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

There could be an auto-pruning after six months... I don't see the need for ANY kind of thread to be brought back from six months ago... it's just pointless.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

We had been tossing around ideas like this to try to reduce the overall clutter on the forums, but eventually all locked threads will move farther and farther back on the list.
There's really no way to remove a thread without actually deleting it and every post in it - unless we drastically changed how everything was coded.

sniperjesus
sniperjesus
24 posts
Nomad

it gets anoying looking for a good thread cos all the bad ones block the good 1s

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I suppose your right moe. . . .nevermind on the idea *mind lock*

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Also, if you deleted them, a lot of people would complain about lost points.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I do beleive you've already pointed that out dude.

Showing 1-12 of 12