ForumsGamesArmor Games, Or Kongregate?

128 38461
PlatinumIce
PlatinumIce
25 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm a HUGE fan of Kongregate. I regular there several hours a day. I've got some opinions on Kongregate about what site is better, and they were (obviously) biased towards Kongregate. There were a few AG votes, though. Now, I'd like to see what you guys think. If you haven't tried Kongregate, I HIGHLY suggest you do. Here's the link right here .

Here are some pros and cons of each site, as seen by me:

Kongregate
- Has achievements for lots of popular games
- Has a built in chatroom for every game.
- Has an excellent community
- Has several Premium Games going for it

Armor Games
- Has a fantastic community
- Most of the awesome games hit AG first
- Much better rating and points system than Kongregate

So, I want YOUR opinion. Which is better, in your eyes? Oh, and if you try Kongregate, you have to make an account to experience the full features. (Foruming, Achievements, Chatrooms, etc.)

Have fun.

• 128 Replies
CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

Wizard I partly agree with you but Kongregate always has some kind of great game some where

St3alth95
St3alth95
93 posts
Nomad

ArmorGames lol kongregate is so uncivilized

AioriaRox
AioriaRox
11 posts
Nomad

Kongregate
- Has achievements for lots of popular games - 435 achievements for more than 190 games right now.
- Has a built in chatroom for every game. - Yes it does, the chat is awesome! More than 40 rooms and more than 100 people in each one!!!
- Has an excellent community - Yes it does, Kongregate, Games, Off-Topic, Serious Discussion, Collaborations, Kongregate Labs [Learn how to make games!!!], Progamming, Art, Music and Technical forums. There's many people with more than 2.000 posts, we can post images, videos and quotes.
- Has several Premium Games going for it. Current Kongregate has Kongai [Kongregate Collectible Card Game], Argue [released], Dinowaurs [Beta], Zening [Alpha], Remnants of Skystone [Alpha] and Vectorious [Alpha].
So:
-Shouts.
-Whispers.
-Chat.
-"Anyone" can be moderator.
-We can change our avatars for everything we want.
-Challenges.
-Achievements.
-Levels.
-Premium Games.
-More games.
-Better organized.
-More people posting on forums!

Armor Games
- Has a fantastic community - I don't think so.
- Most of the awesome games hit AG first - Yeah, that's true, but kongregate has more games.
- Much better rating and points system than Kongregate - No way! In Kongregate we have levels! [much better then "King", "Duke"]
Here we win points for posting on threads and commenting, this will motivate some people to just flood the threads and comments. Here we can rate 0,0.5,1,1.5,2.0......9,9.5 and 10! Much better then 1,2,3,4,5 stars, that's true.

Kongregate has A LOT of pros and some cons.
AG has some pros. and some cons.

Kongregate is more addictive because we can collect cards and badges, here we just play all the games for... nothing?

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Kongregate is so messy i couldnt last a day in that website.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I like armorgames alot better then kg but I mean come on this is ARMORGAMES , if this was said in kg then everybody there would say armorgames would be worse.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i wouldnt be here if i liked kongregate better so AG of coruse!

Bob_McBobBob
Bob_McBobBob
248 posts
Nomad

U r comparing Kongregate to AG, your kidding me right? Definitely Kongregate, I mean they have pages and pages of badges to earn that may cause addiction plus you can upload your own crappy game there no problem and no questions. There's a chat room in every game you go to while AG just has a forum which might take an hour for a response to a question while you have about 240 chat rooms to pick from and ask and you will probably get a response in a few minutes. Although AG has a good rating system, you can get block and mute other people and have your own avatar while you have to choose from a crappy selection of avatars from here. Comparing Kong to AG is like comparing a gun to a knife for killing purposes.

rafael_marc22
rafael_marc22
204 posts
Nomad

Armorgames is still the best even though Kongregate has some new things that AG hasn't, still AG rules.

PlatinumIce
PlatinumIce
25 posts
Nomad

Sorry guys, I haven't checked this topic in a long while, I thought it died.

Anyway, I'd like to answer and provide my response to some re-occurring statements and questions I've seen while reading through the thread.

First off, the chatroom. I cannot stress enough that it's not THAT bad. Yes. There are plenty of rooms that are horrible. Inactive, spammed when active, and full of trolls. In contrast, there are also several rooms which always warmly welcome newcomers to the room, and are always moderated, so there will be no spamming, trolling, or flaming.

Now that I've reexplained my view on that, let me move on to the next point. The Premium Kongregate Games. They ARE much bigger than the average flash game. For example: Zening. It's a freaking awesome game, and I've only played single player in the alpha stages. I can't imagine what it will be like when it's fully developed. And I remember someone said something about Kongai not being that amazing... It's not the actual game that's amazing, it's the integrated system of earning cards to use in the game outside of Kongai, in other games. That's what makes it so cool.

And yeah, the badge system is SO awesome, that it could force someone to visit even if they hate all the other aspects of the site. It's just so much win packed into one tiny achievement system.

I also recall someone saying that the highscores are too hacked to be of any use. Well, as you can see by the top of the page, we are in the Beta stages still. But that's not my main argument. This is: The staff have been working every day to delete as many hacked highscores as possible, and even if they don't get them all, you can still see how you placed for the day or week, those are hacked much less. Even if those are hacked, add a few people as friends and use that. You can see who gets the highest score out of all of your friends.

Now, let me go ahead and emphasise this: I posted this on ArmorGames to get the Armor Games user's point of view on this. There was a similar topic on Kongregate, asking the same question. We did not get a unanimous answer, so I just was curious to see how the Armor Games community felt. Don't worry about it, just state which site you think is better, and give a few reasons.

ALSO: GUYS, REMEMBER, PLEASE DON'T FLAME THE OTHER SITE, JUST STATE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER, NO NEED TO SAY THINGS LIKE "_____is awesome; while _____ is so crappy" THANKS.

RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

I would probably prefer the AG community but Kongregate has more games and all the good gamess come out there first and the badge system so it has to be Kongregate but I will always be on the forums here!

Dryz
Dryz
1 posts
Nomad

Armor Games

I love the Armatars

BlindSorrow
BlindSorrow
13 posts
Nomad

I would say Kongregate. Armor Games is cool and all, but there's no replay value unless the game has in-game achievements.

Kongregate's badges and cards are awesome to try and get them, and that makes Kongregate's game have a good replay value.

Sure, the Armatars are cool but not being able to upload an avatar of your choice, that you possibly made is ridiculous.

You can level up and all, which is pretty competitive towards other players.

All in all, they're both, GREAT sites. But I'd have to go with Kongregate.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

both are great and fun. although kon had more games than a.g

nicenicejt
nicenicejt
161 posts
Nomad

well for a while i quit armorgames to go to kong but then i saw how everybody misses me here so now i go on both so i cant really choose new game hit ag first or achievements for games and a built chatroom i cant choose (and you can get silenced on kong in the chatroom for 15 min)

Bob_McBobBob
Bob_McBobBob
248 posts
Nomad

Kong Pros:

A lot of games
Badges
Chat rooms
Multiplayer
Your own avatar
Friendly people

Kong Cons: