ForumsSupport Forumap suggestion

18 2669
craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

i think that for playing games you should get ap. like if you beat a certain lvl in a game you get ap. i mean come on this is a FLASH GAME WEBSITE you should be able to get ap for playing games it only makes sence...

if theres already a post about this im sorry i dont look through 20 pages of forums

• 18 Replies
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

They allready have a system like this on Kongregate, and if we got it, it would be compleatly copying them. Also, this suggestion has been brought up many times before, and the answer is always *no*

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Playing a game counts as entering the game link. Which means that as soon as you enter that game link you would gain ap. That would have many people scrambling around like rats grabbing ap and not actually playing the game.

craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

omg this is a game webstie and you dont get points for beating lvls in a game cmon now you get points for writing reviews and comments i tell you now that its boring to get ap it used to be fun but im sick and tired of writing reviews all the time YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET POINTS FOR BEATING GAMES after all its a gaming website...

also alot more people would play and more people would join

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Then you should go to Kongregate. Also you don't have to write reviews. That is only if you want Merits. There are small games you could get easy points over. Let me tell you I doubt this isn't going to work.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

omg this is a game webstie and you dont get points for beating lvls in a game cmon now you get points for writing reviews and comments i tell you now that its boring to get ap it used to be fun but im sick and tired of writing reviews all the time YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET POINTS FOR BEATING GAMES after all its a gaming website...

also alot more people would play and more people would join

All I can really say about this idea is, the site is still very new. We are going to focus on basic functionality of the site before we move on to other features.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I agree with Carlie.If we have all that we would most likely won't have music layout or more fantastic features.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

The points are there to help define who is active where and who isnt. If someone plays a bunch of games and have nearly 0 AP, then they are not socail and don't care for the points anyways. The socail people who have a lot of points show that they are talkative.

Though gaining AP for playing games would be cool, they would also make people more competative for points. Points, in my opnion, are here to show how active users are. If points are gained from playing games, then they will show who spent the most work trying to gain points and outdo everybody else.

I am kind of iffy about the idea myself.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I don't like the idea very much. it would be copying Kongregate, and AG strives for originality.

Also, if playing the game gives you AP, the player could open the game and close it, and earn AP by not contributing to the site. I don't see the point of having this if it isn't beneficial, sorry.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

the player could open the game and close it, and earn AP by not contributing to the site.

you could have just read my comment you know... >XD
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Also, if playing the game gives you AP, the player could open the game and close it, and earn AP by not contributing to the site. I don't see the point of having this if it isn't beneficial, sorry.

Yea, there would have to be a more well formulated way to implement this as a feature. Just getting points for loading the game page wouldn't work. There would need to be a more elegant system provided in order to prevent this method of spam.
craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

ok but this game just seems like itsa talking website not a gaming website...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

True, but users play games too.
If we took away AP completely then everyone would play games...
And we would still be able to chat and forum post.
But I'm not going to get into that right now...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I stand being ignored...

The way I see it is, if hypothetically we DO implement this idea, the instructions for the ap gain to work would be that the game would have to be loaded fully, and maybe for the gamer to be on that page for a couple minutes. That itself is pointless, unless there would be an AP boost such as 5. There are then parts where games would already have been loaded and they could repeat the process over and over again on the same game, which I would say the AP gain could only work on one game per day, per game.

craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

i mean that you get ap for completing specific tasks like in dolphin olympics get 50,000 points in 1 trial and you get a certain amount of ap see what i mean??

Totum
Totum
19 posts
Nomad

Why should we worry about Armor Points Anyways?

Showing 1-15 of 18