ForumsSupport ForumHalloween Contest?

49 7312
SirSloth
SirSloth
6 posts
Nomad

Will there be another Halloween contest from armor games this year?... I have started production on one :P but hell, 1k is pretty motivating!

• 49 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

$1000 can get you a lot of things. And I mean a LOT of things. It can be $1000 you can get to buy stuff in real life, or you get a measly ap earning you can get in weeks. I think the choice is clear.

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

Yea, The creator provided us with a nice site for people to get along and become friends.

Now why are we making her/him, (I'm pretty sure it's Carlie?)
pay for a game that we create?

We should just get Armor points for providing a game for the other people to play.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah and why get money.AG needs the money to upgrade the site.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

First off the person paying is most likely the CEO of the site,and that is Daniel McNeely.Also they already pay the developer of any game that they sponsor,but most likely not near as much as $1000 straight up front.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i know.jaja.Well do you think the contest should give money or AP.I would like AP to save the site some money

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

Well sorry crimson. I don't know everything about Ag.

Apparently you do so why don't you tell me everything else i should know.

anyways, I think whoever creates the game should just get AP points.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

really if you look at all of the developers profiles do they really look like they are all too interested in AP?Also who is to say this will be held.There is no guarantee that they will hold this contest.My point is that first off I don't think the developers really care for AP,and secondly since when is AG so poor?They had the money to take a trip to Seattle from California just recently(I know at least Dan,his wife,John,and Carlie went)and not only that,but they have their own office,and tons of sponsored games.Of course this all probably comes from all of the revenue from ads on the site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah but why waste money on something somehow not important.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

You completely took my reply the wrong way.

$1000 is good, even better for you teens.

1000 ap is pointless to me. You can get 1000 AP in a short amount of time if you play your cards right. $1000 can be good windfall for me right now. I'm sure Dan's got it made, why else would he pay for games being submitted?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why get 1000$$$ for a thread or whatever in the internet?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

juan you do realize we are talking about a actual flash game right?Not a thread in the forum.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This is real life juan. This site is what Dan does for his CAREER. Anyone who wins this contest is actually making the game for their career, and get money for their games anyway. This is actually a big deal. 1000$ is a game developer's raise, big time. No one on AG will win. Someone who does this for a living will win this because it's their job to make games for profit.

Juan, these developers are 13 like most players on AG. These people are out in the real world.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think they were talking about a contest of making it about Halloween.Like a competition of pictures,costumes,etc.??

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Not exactly juan.Again unless there was a loss in communication,then I'm sure they are talking about developing games.In fact I shall look further into this.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Okay well thanks for you all making this thread more clear to me.Bye!You guys rock more that a ROCK!

Showing 16-30 of 49