The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 330272
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Thats pretty good...Well Done....

That's enough entries right Zoph?

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

lol its the first time id ever used pivot =/

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alright, finally got my butt in gear and finished it off.

It's really lazily done but hey, it's a .gif! Wanted to keep the size down a bit.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stick.gif

Photobucket is awesome for hosting this. Just wanted to give props.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Strop, that is just pure awesome x3

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Hey Strop your animation is cool.

Capoeira hm?

Nice one.

The size is small but it doesn't matter it is cool.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

hurumpf.
Easy to see who wins this round ;P
Oh well, I really like it, it's a great fight scene, and it has fluid animation. I see it nowhere near choppy, unless you had flash or something and worked on it for more than 2 days. lol.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Ok, so after about an hour of battling pivot (1 came in, 1 came out, and I murdered pivot, and all it's data files), I have finally come up with a cool little animeration by me, I call it, (from left to right, the stick names) Coward, Lagg, Big Mama, Climby, and Guerrilla.
*uploads to photobucket*
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/WOOT-1.gif
Sorry if it has trouble, or if it's slow, I made it as fast as I could, and I hope you enjoy!
The Jango's aint got nothin' on this.
lol jk.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think we have enough enties now...Will have to ask Zoph...

If she doesn't judge then I probably will...since I can't win anyway because I won last round....

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If she doesn't judge then I probably will...since I can't win anyway because I won last round....

Then there'd be only 2 entries, mine and strops, and strops kills mine till it can't say stop, so yeah.
We need at least 1 more entry.... (messages SlliM)
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Actually thoad I like your entry. Very entertaining. I wouldn't have thought of that approach.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

The Jango's aint got nothin' on this.

I know, they suck.

(messages SlliM)

The computer I am currently on has no pivot. Sorry guys. I'll have access to pivot tomorrow though. I'll make a quick one, most likely a stick figure being pwned by a lazer.

Actually thoad I like your entry. Very entertaining. I wouldn't have thought of that approach.

Agreed. Was very unique.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yours is also entertaining, but let's face it, dude, yours pwns the heck outta mine. Mine has choppy animation, while yours is smooth, mine is simple, and yours has alot of complicated kicks, twirls, and flips. Plus, mine is only 2d. No offense, but I doubt the judge will think that mine is better than yours (yes I realize that I didn't say that you thought I had the better animation, lol).

I'm really inspired by my last one, I think I'ma start a whole new genre of my pivot's. THE MINIBATTLE GENRE.

I did think of another thing...I'll have to do it in GIMP though :P
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Strop's entry is very good...but Thoad yours has a good idea...

Try to make your movements smaller...that would work better...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Try to make your movements smaller...that would work better...

hard to do with little people, I do admit that at the end "Big Mama" should have used smaller movements, but the animation was going to be slow enough, ya know?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah...I suppose...

Maybe you should try Pivot 3 Beta...even though it is a bit buggy...then you can adjust the fr better.

Showing 226-240 of 707