The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 330235
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

Mine i have been continuosly working on i will resubmit it tommorow. I think it's much better.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Cool and also /i have been meaning to say this for a while but Aaron your is good,has an interestingly funny aspect to it,and runs good for something that loops.I wanted mine to run smooth like that with the bell pepper running off to another Sasquatch and knocking him unconscious as well and keep on doing that,but I just got lazy with it.

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

Thanks, crimson I'd have to admit, I got lazy with parts of my animation too (notice how all the windows on my buildings are the exact same drawing). I'd have to say you have an exceptionally smooth animation also

And for the record, it's saying "Darn it" in case someone is getting a different Idea about what the villain says at the ending. :P

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'll post my wolverine pivot a bit later. I just have to upload it...somewhere...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'd have to say you have an exceptionally smooth animation also

well seeing as how I used flash to make I sure would hope so,but this site you used is interesting.I just briefly skimmed through it,and its interesting to see that they finally created a browser based program that is free and allows you to draw all of your art,plus import art from other people....like I saw that coming in the near future.Now if they could take this program and make it to where you can import sounds then that would be nice.Of course I could do that with flash,but that requires me to actually record something and edit it until I have synced it with the movement of their mouths to look normal,which is too much work for this competition.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You'll have to excuse me for a second...I have to pick up my jaw from the floor...

I saw this thread...and over a page of posts...THAT WERE NEW! What is the world coming to? An active Animation Comp. thread????????

*picks of jaw*

Nice Crimson...made me laugh! You used the thing that fills in the frames right? Whatever it is called...where it adds in the missing frames...

Don't quite get yours MikeReject...

Aaron...your's is quite good. I can just imagine the whole 'nrrrrrrr' as the sueprhero flys to the tower....It made me think of happy tree friends! Except the fact that the guy kept his head...

My friend has an entry...I will have to get him to post it....

jaq267
jaq267
3 posts
Nomad

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/Killerkans.gif

Umm...I did another entry...because Ryan asked me to....

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

EPIC QUESTION!!!!!
How exactly do I get a sprite from the GIMP to Pivot...? just save as .piv? It can't be that easy...can it?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Save it as .gif

Thats what I did to get the capsicum...

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Well i wanna join i would not win but this is my first ever animation so well here ya go.
Go here

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Nice Crimson...made me laugh! You used the thing that fills in the frames right? Whatever it is called...where it adds in the missing frames...

uh I believe its called motion tweening.
MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

My finished one and official entry
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s336/MikeReject95/Batman-1.gif
i will be submitting it to newgrounds soon as soon as i figure out how to get it to stop on the last frame >:-(

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

WTH? XD

That's pretty funny right there

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok....then....

Good entry...I will reserve any other comments...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That's a funny entry. Could use some more work though, since the drawings are somewhat rough.

Showing 286-300 of 707