The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 330229
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

yea.. really funny XD

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Mike reject you took your to a whole new level with the update.Its like at least 10 times longer with tons of more characters in it.Real quick question though are you using flash yourself?

MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

Yeah i'm using a trail flash CS4. I'm glad you guys like it it was rejected from newgrounds twice >:-(.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah i'm using a trail flash CS4. I'm glad you guys like it it was rejected from newgrounds twice >:-(.

yes well if you put something on Newgrounds then it has to be a bit more on a pro level then on here.Plenty of peoples submissions have gotten blammed before on that site,because they just weren't quite at the level of all the others up there.I truthfully would not submit something to that site unless I know it is something worth watching on flash site.
MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

So when is the judging?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Sometime next month, is the standard answer. It really depends on how many people enter.

This thread is for animations in .gif format but chances are if you could fit your animation into a .gif on Newgrounds, it's not going to pass muster. To be completely honest I would have voted the above animation a 1/5 because, well, not because it's crap but because it's not exactly suitable to NG's needs. But like we're going to delete it here haha :P

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*Revises thread using reviventor*

Moarrr Entries????

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I know I can't, I'm pretty stumped for this one, besides, that one dude you keep reffering to always seems to be win worthy.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

lol, brilliant entry there!

And I think that if you added voices, and maybe a tiny bit longer it would be acceptable for newgrounds.

Is chuck norris approved as a superhero?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

And I think that if you added voices, and maybe a tiny bit longer it would be acceptable for newgrounds.

Hmm...I could add voices....

Which one are you talking about Mary...ooops I mean Pazx?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*places defribbulator on chest of thread and defribbles the heart then compresses it to start it beating again....successful revivision...*

Post entrys here everyone! HERE!!!

A few more entries would be nice...

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Hm.. I can haz cheezburger? Oops I mean: Can I enter?
I'll make a animation on Pivot (it will suck).
Give me two days ok?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Sure...I would greatly appreciate it!!! As would lots of people!

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Oh noes.
I had to delete all of my files in my computer and pivot was deleted too.

Oh sh--''

I can't make an animation now (-_-)

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You can re-download Pivot and start again.

You can do it!

Showing 301-315 of 707