ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454621
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Since it starts in January, that would make it a winter vacation.

I'm almost done with a crappy entry for Ezale. Fear my powers of sketchy doom.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

KR: It was because of those darn phones you used... And the people from nowhere... It is not bad, I am tolerant beyond most GM's, I guess. Nothing to worry about, at least because you posted in time...

So who are you killing?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Sorry for my lateness. Here is my entree, and first fight scene... ever.
Blood

After a long time walking, Xzeno finally enters a more spaceful street. And there sre stores. From a hi-fi store the melody he had been humming is played loudly, but this is the only indication of life. No humans, no other creatures, actually. Just emptiness and that tune. Curious, he walk closer. Maybe there is someone inside the store?
There is. The monster turn to look at him, then the door bell sounds, and even though he slams the door shut, it is still after him. It crashed through the window head first, but without actually breaking the glass. The window simply disappeared when confronted with its huge, empty mouth. It smiles at him, and walks closer.

Xzeno first made a quick series of deductions. First, this thing was not alive on it's own, as it's anatomy was impossible. Second, it might be undead. Third, he should not allow his curiosity to get the better of him, as he had died that way before, and he got the feeling that if this thing ate him, their would be no body to restart. Then, Xzeno lobbed a grenade into the maw of the beast, and ran. He knew his short legs could not outrun this lanky demon, so he threw a proximity mine on the ground in the hopes to distract it. He heard the mine blow, so he looked back. The creature looked shaken, but not really hurt. Xzeno blew down the door to the first building he saw, and looked for a place to hide. He ran past shelves of books and vaulted over a table covered in small plastic boxes. To spite himself, he examined one of the boxes. It contained a shiny plastic disc. A disc? For data storage? Who used discs? Humans? Xzeno figured discs went out of use three or four hundred Federal standard years ago, not that he payed much attention in history class. He was woken up from his musings by an aerial assault. The creature lunged towards him mouth first, with the intent to swallow him whole, or worse. Xzeno dodged just in time and whipped out his trusty triple-barreled shotgun. He fired the three barrels at the beast, with surprisingly little effect. The beast reared back with pain, but then merely shook off the blow, and let out an unearthly roar. The sound of the roar, the gaping void of a mouth, and the greenish-yellow icor oozing from it's wounds, gave Xzeno an emotion he had not felt in a long time: fear. It began to bear down on him, mouth towards him, trying to swallow him whole. Xzeno aimed for the neck. Three more shells into the creature. He ducked under it's legs and ran. He sprinkled his path with proximity mines and made tracks for the exit. He readied his beamsword and leaped through the window. He had to use some telekinetic force to smash the window, which was clumsily applied, as always.He was hearing a disappointing lack of explosions. Could it learn to avoid his traps somehow? He ran down the street wondering how to kill the thing. He couldn't decide between taking it's head off, and blowing it to pieces. He liked blowing it to pieces. That one never failed. The only problem was the beasty was faster then him. He fired a few shots over his shoulder with his pistol and kept running. It's howl indicated a hit. Xzeno arrived at an intersection. The mouther was almost upon him, he needed a plan. His plans never seemed to get past "explode, kill, maim!" He slashed at it with his beamsword. It howled as it's arm was hacked from it's body, but it still had it's mouth, so it could kill Xzeno in an instant. Xzeno tried to avoid it while sprinkling the ground with remote detonators. He neatly dodged the mouth, but he was racked across the back. The beast seemed happy. It looked at him very strangely, mouth open wide. Xzeno realized it's damned claws had gone strait through his shield and hot blood now covered his back. Was it smiling? No, it was trying to eat him. He avoided the void, basked in the glory of his latest bad pun, and gave it another triple shotgun blast. While it was stunned, he slashed of a leg and ran. When he was about ten meters away he looked back. The creature just lay there, it's eyes burning with intense hate. Xzeno triggered the detonators. "Oh, they're going to have to glue you back together," shouted Xzeno, looking at the body parts now raining on him, "In hell!"

If you want to kill me, Xzeno could bleed to death here and now.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Delari, as I said. And good thing you do not mind. I have a total of four dead persons (unless Xzeno gets to save his) this round, and there will fall another the next round, I think. Not sure who, but well... Might end up being less killing and more what I do with Akuma, but it still counts, I guess...

@Zophia:
Then I will have no christmas vacation/holidays....

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay, I will have to hate myself for this, but (without haveing read most of the text) you will be going to the next round, Xzeno...
Yes, hating me now.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Thank you Cenere. I won't let you down again.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I am just wondering for how long, as I have at least one to eliminate before the fighting rounds... Oh, headaches...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Delari, as I said

Ok, thats fine. I was just worried for a second that Charlie was going too....I can re-do Delairi's entry if you would like me too...I have another idea that I can use if necessary...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Xzeno, that was absolutely stunningly awesome. Could have been written a bit better, but the images it created in my head where very vivid and believable for this setting...

Almost done with crappy entry... I suck at this...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Almost done with crappy entry... I suck at this...

Zoph...shut it! Your entry will be way better than mine, and you don't hear me complaining.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think I'm allowed to complain about this one... This is going as bad as my homework, back when I had it. Oh well, sketches...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think I'm allowed to complain about this one... This is going as bad as my homework, back when I had it.

Won't be any worse than mine....I mean...c'mon....Vampire Balls...

kingryan
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Maybe...
Mmm, I has entry...

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Ezale-blood.jpg

Fleeing through the irrationally bright street, realizing hse can't outrun the blood creature... A desperate idea... She cuts a gash in herself and sprays her blood onto the creature... The blood disrupts its surface, making the mixture of darkness and Surrurian blood become unstable... The monster dissolves...
And she continues onwards...

I had this planned out way more epic, but I just never got around to making that...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Btw, she bleeds a great deal more than those pictures will let you know. It's a pretty serious gash... It also took a good deal more than a few drops to disrupt the monster, but my drawing skills failed/I was lazy and tired...

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

the images it created in my head where very vivid and believable for this setting...
That was kinda what I was going for. Thank you.

Xzeno, that was absolutely stunningly awesome. Could have been written a bit better,
Agian thank you. And yes it was my first fight scene, so I figure I'll get better with practice. That is one of the reasons I joined this tournament. I found my fight-writing was far choppier then my regular work.

@ Zoph's entree: Cute. Lazy, but cute. I was also looking forward to the creative ways Ezale would defeat her enemies in. I also liked your signature.
Showing 796-810 of 1813