ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454608
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh god I end up choking myself sometime soon....

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Masquerade; part one:

The Lady looked at the orb, crystal clear and dark, looking at her creatures kill or be killed. She smiled slightly, seeing potential slaves among the living. She was fascinated of what seemed to be distortions in her reality, of what some of these people were able to do. Of course, they would not continue to do so, her power tightening when they moved closer to the Tower. She turned to the chess like game behind her, a model of the city, models of the contestants and her creations falling. The few monsters who lived could return to the Tower soon, with the contestants caught. She already had one.
She looked at the little pieces moving closer, then chose one, her own little slave, walking with the guardian dragon. She turned to watch him in the orb.

Her many eyes were filled with anger, when the boy appeared on the floor, her darkness letting go of him. .Did you have fun, boy?. Her voice were painfully calm, but the lad was sure she knew. He rose slowly, the pain in his arm making him a little dizzy. .Did you?!. Threads of darkness took hold of him.
This would be painful.

[...]

.Now, go do your job, child.. Her voice was again painfully calm, and all the anger seemed to have left the Lady. She lifted the beaten boy, and threw him through him through the darkness.

--------------------------

1 Phill, Bob & a Jango
-Oh, finally something easy.- The three of them spin around at the sound of the voice. A lanky kid stand before them, smiling somewhat dizzily. "Who..Who.." All of them studder, before Phil gets back on track, and grabs his scythe, pointing it at the boy. The rest get the clue and also stand ready to fight. The lad just sighs. -Uhm, just follow, will ya?- He begin walking down the street. Confuzzled the trio follows. Turning down a smaller street, the darkness is lit up, and before them a wonderful mansion appear. "Why didn't we see that?" Bob asks the two other, but none of them answer. -Hey, you.- The kid points at Phil. -You are the one to participate, the two other will have to wait out here.- They are about to protest, when the lad cuts in. -That is the rule. Or you do not want to go on?- A slight nod from Phil, while the two other pout. The kid nods, handing over a mask with the features of a red tabby cat.-Do not take it off before the end of the Masquerade. Go through the doors, and, well...- "Well, what?" The boy only smiles, leaving the trio. "So we're stuck here..." Jack complains, as Phil walks through the doors.
The mansion is as fantastic inside as outside. The dancers, the atmosphere, his furry hands. . .

2 Orlestat
Light steps suddenly appearing makes the falcon look up, getting to his feet, startled at this being sneaking in on him. He stares at the human in front of him. -Are you okay?- Feeling no threat in the boy, the bird nods. After a small conversation, the boy begin to lead the bird of prey. The trip is not long, but still the city is a confusing place. Finally after a long time of silence, and the boy leading the way through the many narrow streets, they enter the open area before the mansion, lit up beautifully, shining by itself, if seemed. -This is where the Masquerade will be held. Here is your mask.- He handed over the mask shaped like the face of a silver fox. -Do not take it off before after the end of the Masquerade.- The bird made a mocking remark, the boy, annoyed and tired, just walked off, leaving the bird by the doors. He took on the mask and entered. The first thing he noticed was that, for the first time in decades, he had hands.

3 Dingsly
-Nice kill.- Dingsley leaps up, though the cut hurts. Before him stands a lanky young man, somewhat familiar, but he is sure he haven't seen him before. He raises his sword, staring suspiciously at the man with the tired, pale face. "Who are.." -I am not here to fight, merely to lead you.- Dingsley looks suspiciously at the stranger, but nods slowly, not letting his guard down. -Follow on.- The two of them do not speak a word on the road, Dingsley watching, observing the stranger, the boy too tired and dizzy to think up words.
Soon they arrive at the grand mansion, its warm lights lit for them to follow. -This is where I stop. Here.- The lad hands over a mask to Dingsley, a grey and black antelope with long horns and big ears. "What am I supposed to do with this..?" He stares at the stranger, examining the mask. -It if for you to wear at the Masquerade. Do not take it off until the Masquerade ends.- "The...?" -Through the doors.- Dingsley looks back at the double doors, but when he looks back at the young man, he is gone. "Strange, like anything else." He sighs, takes on the mask and enter the mansion.
The insides are wonderfully decorated like a historical ball, and filled with these weird animals wearing big dresses and not so modern suits. He looks down, seeing his own weird suit, a dark blue one, and .. He has been changed. He feels at the horns on top of his head, and stared at the three fingered cloven hands.

4 Sasquatch, the summon Overgrowth & Yeti
Walking through the door, they enter an open space, lit up with a mansion. "Now, this is interesti.." Yeti is cut short by a 'Holy f***!' from somewhere behind them. Both of them spin around, ready to encounter this new danger, but all they see is a human leaning up against a wall, looking shocked. They look at each other, uncertain of what approach to take. Sasquatch, from lack of anything else to do, goes back to his default face: WTF! Seeing this, Yeti sighs, looking at the human. "Who are you?" The human looks up, still a little short of breath from the - nice surprise. "... Just a humble guide, though I seem to have gotten it easier than with the trio before..." Yeti tilts her head a little, questioning, but the human seem to either not see it, or ignore it completely. He straightens up, pointing at the mansion. -Only one of you can go in there, the other have to wait outside. Oh, and you will have to wear this mask, and not take it off before the Masquerade ends, because that would be bad.- He holds forth a mask of what must be, well, a hairless mole, complete with glasses. "He is going." Yeti points at her older brother, not really wanting to wear a mask that ugly. Sasquatch just stands there, WTF'ing all over the place. -Is he all right?- The human leans forward, whispering to Yeti. "He does that sometimes..." She whispers back, looking Somewhat tired at Sasq'. -Hmm, okay. Anyway, through the doors, and everything will, well, happen.- He hands her the mask, and disappears down an alley. She looks at her brother again, putting the mask on him, and leads him to the double doors. "What was that all about?" Sasquatch seems to have come back to reality, now openly wondering about.. Something. Yeti rolls her eyes, and pushes her brother through the doors.
Inside there is light, warmth and a lot of people.

5 Xzeno
-That is a nasty gash you got there.- The alien looks to the side where the human limbs into the light of a store. -Sorry I'm late...- He looks exhausted, and not really like an enemy. Xzeno decides that he will not kill the primitive being, yet. "What do you want, human?" -I'm here to lead you, follow me, or be left alone here, while the rest of the contestants rush to the Tower...- Xzeno looks at the being, nodding once and begin the trip towards the next test. None of them talks to each other on the way, none of them have anything to say. At the mansion the human hands over the mask of a gray feline creature, and leaves with the warning 'Do not take the mask off'. The alien rolls his eyes, puts on the mask, and step inside, immediately transformed.

6 The Nergyl Child and the Fallen Child
As the howl dies out, a low clapping can be heard. The brothers spin around, Nergyl charging at the sound. The boy barely dodges the nergyl, tumbling backwards in a controlled fall. The Nergyl Child charges again, but is stopped by a transparent blackish shield. He hammers at it, without any result. -Hmm, problem.- The boy grabs at the nergyl's face through the barrier, and everything flickers in white and grey colours. -Do not take it off.-
When he can see again, he is no longer on the streets but in a ballroom filled with furred beings. He looks enraged around to find the human who dared to touch him, but finding no one. Instead he realizes everything he is has changed. He has fur himself, a fancy dark blue one, a snout and big ears, a bushy tail and some fancy clothes. . . The only thing resembling the person he once were is his eyes. The rest is Bat-eared Fox...

7 Dervysh & Vixen
See part two

8 Ezale
The streets are still all too open, and the mazzelh have no place to run, the bleeding severe... She feels like giving up, going puffball in a corner between a abandoned bike and a halfeaten burger. -... A mazzelh... Here...- She looks up, ready to be eaten, but instead she is gently patted on the head. Though it might be a trap, she purrs a little, especially when the stinging pain from the gash slowly fades to nothing. The human before her have sorrow in his eyes, guilt too as he gently picks her up, holding her in his arms. [You are going to save the fuzzball too?] The dragon like creature looks up at the green pile of fur. -I guess so...- The creature seems to want to say something, but instead he just licks a little at the hand of his human. -I am going to be killed for this, I guess.- He strokes the soft fur of the mazzelh, small tears in his eyes. The shifter looks at the boy. [You will live like always...] -Probably..-

9 Delairi
See part two

10 Billy
-N/A-

11 Azu
See part two

12 Charlie
Charlie ride on on the monster, and as he does not know the city, he let it lead him. But slowly the thing that kept it together fades and the monster crumbles to nothing. "Naaaw!" He sighs, wondering if it would help to call for a cab. -You're Charlie?- a voice asks. "Uhm, yeah?" He looks around, unable to locate the place the voice come from. -The one with the alternatives...- The lanky kid steps out from a nearby store, beginning to walk off. Charlie runs after. "How'd you know, who I was?" -I am not really in the mood for this, just follow, we have a place to be soon.- Charlie stops in his track, pouting. -Just do that, if you don't want to win anything.- His voice is monotone, tired. Charlie uses a second more to pout before he follows the lad. "What's worth all this, where is the tower, who was that blue picture, why are we here, what was that monster, why did it disappear [...]"
-WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE F..... UP!!- Charlie looks at the stranger a little startled, too surprised to express a word. -Thank you.- They turn a corner, the mansion lit before them. -Here's your mask, don't take it off, go through the door, good, hi.- The boy disappears in a slight flicker, leaving Charlie dumbstruck. He looks at the mask, a pheasant looking bird. He takes it on, and enters the mansion.

13 Pazx and Garrow
See part Two

14 Strop
Light steps is heard through the roar of the flames. Strop slowly turn to face the boy. "Can I help you?" -I think I might be the one to help.-
(Sorry for ruining your intro a little, but I have this strong desire to just c/P the rpg into here, which I should not)
As they walk off, small talking a little the fires of the fair dies out. Somehow the lad manages to get lost, and awkward situations appear. At last they enter the open space before the mansion. -There. Inside. Don't take off the mask until the Masquerade ends. Because that is stupid.- He sighs a little, hands over the mask shaped like a light brown wolf's face, with long eyelashes.
After a few words they part, the ninja horse walking inside the mansion, the boy disappearing into the night.

15 Akuma
-SCRAM!- The blood monster stares in the direction of the yell, and so does the shapeshifter, both making big eyes. The monster dissolves into a pit of darkness. [Kai, my - hero.] The shapeshifter jumps down from the window frame, trotting to the lad's side. -Hi, 'Kuma...- The boy smiles tired and a little depressed down at the black dragon like creature. -You are caught in this mess too...- The dragon looks at the boy with bright white eyes, then nudges at his side with his snout. [I missed you, that's why, kiddo.] Trying to comfort his "master" the shapeshifter makes a purring sound, nudging his snout at the boy. The lad smiles a little, but still seems so very exhausted... Used. -I can't let you go through the tests...- [Whatever you say, kid...] The shifter disappears, and in his head the boy hears a single, comforting sentence: [I'm with you now.]

16 Hallow
The dragon turns slowly at the sound of the thud, eyeing the bleeding boy. "Oh great, you're back." The dragon moves closer, offering the boy a hand. Kai takes it, pulling himself up, his head foggy with pure, malicious pain. -Thank you...- the kid looked tired and distant, pallid from the massive blood loss. "Anything interesting happened besides torture?" The dragon sniffs the boy's face, licking off a little of the blood. -Not torture, just a beating... I talk too much.- "Then why are you back here?"
The boy explains briefly about a &quotarty", when directs Hallow towards the location. Little black sparks mends his skin, but he still looks tired and broken.
After some minutes the two of them stand before a great mansion lit up by glorious lights, the surface almost shining itself. The kid is still rather weak, but manages to stand. -Here, this is where it is held.- He hands the dragon a mask, a black unicorn, seemingly a female. -Just through the doors. Don't take off the mask before the Masquerade ends.- Hallow nods, taking on the mask, while the boy walks off into, well, nothing. He just disappears.
Hallow looks after him, then walk into the mansion through the double doors. And what a magnificent place! Filled with anthropomorphic creatures, prey and hunters, birds, even dragons. Like hims.. At this point he realized that A. he is not a he any more, B. he is no longer a dragon, and C. he is f***ing wearing a big read dress, quite elegant and fitting his new figure, but still a dress.

---------------------------------------------

Wait for part two, before you make any entries, since this intro is not done yet.
Unless you want to post an entry illustrating the trip to the mansion, of course.
All I can ask you for now is to wait (I have something more important to do, so I guess I will have to be annoying and delay it a bit), oh, and try and guess the order of the intros. I can tell you so much that it begin with Hallow.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(Sorry for ruining your intro a little, but I have this strong desire to just c/P the rpg into here, which I should not)

Hehe, that's okay. The RP was so long it probably wouldn't have fit into the intro post. This is one heck of an intro post as it is.

(I have something more important to do, so I guess I will have to be annoying and delay it a bit)

That's fine by me, I'm still working my butt off on Strop's 2nd round (though you do know pretty much exactly what happens, just minus all the jokes) =D
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So much work in that half, instead of doing my homework... And so darn long entries!! But, ah, well. Half the people here are done with their entry two days after I have put this thing up, so it does not matter much, I guess. This time I should be able to do the job beforehand, as I know where the kid is...

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

That was rad!
So.... is Phil gonna be a furry now?
I will definitely not be drawing this round.
Can't draw furries worth a flying piece of crap.
Still...this will be awesome.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, I just wanted to see how much you all were going to hate me. And we are not by the end yet.

Not that drawing a furry in pivot or somewhere like that is hard, it is just adding a line for the snout and two for ears, I guess. But this is not the end > >
Not try guess the order *jumps up and down in a hyperactive way (mainly because of lack of sleep, and stress being stressy)*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

slliM, you could always do badly drawn furries.

Lord knows there's an abundance of them on teh internetz >:3

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

A bun dance.... /distant stare

But, well, this will probably be the point where the majority hates me and write only, because... You will see.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I don't hate you...yet.

I read everyone's intros.

I commend you on you awesomeness Cen...I commend you....

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So much work *arwarwarawrararwaarwarwarwarw!* But good you think it is awesome. Hard work pays off, just not so much here, but thanks.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Hard work pays off, just not so much here

I wish that line was in the Big Lebowski...

I love that movie...

Aaaaanyways, I'll be working on a furry Phil soon.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Remember slliM, this is not the whole intro, this is only one half. You should wait with the entries untill you actually got the whole story.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Oooooooooooooooooooh...
Ohkay.
I'm anxiously waiting for it...

*anxiously whaits*

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

As said, there is a part two, and since every chapter have a new name, and not just a new number.

I need to get to the point, where you all want to kill me, remember?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*stares at post*

The ballroom is nicely lit up by many chandeliers high above, and the many smaller lamps on the few tables or on the walls. The walls seem to shine themselves, warm, rich light. It all looks soo... Old. Like taken out of a history books, the chapter about the renaissance. The many people dancing around on the large open space in front of the stairs are all dressed in fine robes, big dresses, slim velvet suits.
On the top of the stairs a beautiful woman stands, her hair long and glossy, her eyes big and with that innocent look in them, like that of a deer. Even though the people dance, their attention are on her. She looks at the contestants, her head tilting curiously to one side. Observing the slim tabby in the white suit, the handsome silver fox, the antelope with the long, strong frame, the mole, half blind, but still remarkable in the crimson suit. The feline with the body of a panther, the bat-ear with rage in his soul, the bird curiously looking around, his feathers as bright and shining as the suit he is wearing, the light brown wolf in her mint green dress, the fabric embracing her frame, and the black unicorn in the dress as black as her, only the white edges to show where the skin stops and the fabric begin. The deer eyed female smiles, and claps her hands. The dancers break away, and some come closer, choosing their new partner in the art of dance.

1 Phill
A white mare in a light rosa dress takes his hand, leading him to the dance floor, her brilliant blue eyes locked with his.

2 Orlestat
A prey, a deer with long legs and swift movements bid Orlestat to dance with her.

3 Dingsly
A lioness grabs Dingsley, inviting him to dance the dance of his life.

4 Sasquatch
A shy young hare curtseys before the mole, her eyes avoiding his, her fair cheeks a light red.

5 Xzeno
Another feline her fur the same ashy colour as his, the same colour of dress, but her eyes burning with energy and humour. She smiles at him, leading him towards the dance floor

6 the Nergyl Child
As the crowd lessen, there is no one left but the wolf.

12 Charlie
A peacock embraces him with curiosity, her feathers a soft brown.

14 Strop
As the crowd lessen, there is no one left than the bat-eared fox.

16 Hallow
A red dragon bow before her, his crimson scales glimpsing in the light.

"Now, let us dance." The deer eyed female exclaims, spreading out her arms. The music begins.
Something sparkles at the wrists of the dancers around them. The non-contestants has a little key tied to their wrist, it glitters in the light. Even their own partner have one (except Nerg and Strop). They must be important, those keys. Especially since the only exit has one tiny lock.
"Not all the keys are a match, nor would any here give up their key." The whispering is everywhere, low, but there. "No other way to exit."

Challenge: Get as many keys as possible, I guess. As said, they are not easy to get, and some might not even work. Be creative.

--------------
.Boy! Where is the pieces?!.. Once again there was anger in her voice as she furiously walked the corridor she left only moments before. -Hide her.- The boy whispered to the shapeshifter, leaving the mazzelh by the black being. The shapeshifter nodded, concealing the mazzelh in the shadows. He rose to meet his master. -What pieces?- He asked innocently. She grabbed his hair, pulling his face close to her many eyes. His jaw tightened, but there was no other reaction from him. .The pieces, the mazze-lh and the shapeshifter.. He just looked at her, nothing revealing that he really was the one to blame. -I don't know where they might be, Ma'am.- She stared at him, her eyes and the darkness in her drilling through his mind. He realized she was more than partly darkness, no, she was a part of the darkness, not the element but the feeling, the element of death. She looked closely at him, but his composure was too great and she let go. .Tell me if you see them, boy. They do not have a life for themselves, they move on behalf of the will fo others.. She took a last look at him, then left for the upper room once again. The lad shivered from exhaustion and, as he realized, fear. Pure fear. He sits down again, the shapeshifter revealing the mazzelh once again.

7 Dervysh & Vixen
The monster swallows them, the darkness in its texture too strong against the power of Dervysh. All is darkness and warmth for a long time, then it is more darkness but this time cold. Vixen looks up, examine the surroundings with her gaze. A dungeon, it seems, and they are locked up inside it with some other persons, an unconscious bear with a growling dog, a guy that look like a superhero, a ninjaish person with a rabbit and a girl with some weird... thing about her.

8 Ezale
The mazzelh shivers a little, when she is let go and covered in darkness. She miwls out to her new comfort, but a low voice asks her to keep quite, for the sake of her security. Moments later she is let into the light again.

9 Delairi
Unconsciousness.

10 Billy
Unconsciousness.

11 Azu
Unconsciousness.

13 Pazx and Garrow
Unconsciousness.

15 Akuma
The shapeshifter does what he is told, trying to comfort the mazzelh when she suddenly miwls. When he is free to appear again, the boy is just sitting there, shivering and looking sick. He licks his cheek, tasting his sweat, trying to comfort. Making small nudging motions against the tangled hair.

---------------------------------
As you might understand, this transformation leads to one thing: You abilities are gone. Things you have been trained in, like fighting styles and so should still be there, but there is no weapons, no magic... Not much of you left.
A test in creativity. If you kill someone there is big consequences, as you are in a ball room. Everything shall be done in a way that little will notice it.
The dance was originall supposed to be a quadrille, but non of you know what that is, so it will probably be a waltz. There are breaks in the dancing, of course, there will be both food and wine. Think at it as a ballroom dance, which it is.
There is possibilities for interacting with the other contestants, as well as the dancers...

Showing 841-855 of 1813