ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454596
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

So....Phil is gonna have to dance and stuff with a horse?

I have the awesomest idea to solve this ever.

*big grin*

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but....are we allowed to you know.....bang the key out of them or would that be to bad?

Kidding.

Mine will have something to do with that....kinda.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

alright, I'll do this to the best of my abilities, but trust me, the Nergyl Child's reaction is gonna be pretty weird.

Masquerade - First person through the Nergyl child.

->With the sound of clapping behind me, I went into a mad charge towards the noise. Whatever was making the noise, it barely dodged me, "Good one, NOW DIE!" I charged again with my claws ready to impale and shred. Suddenly, my claws flew back, as if hitting a large metal wall. Infuriated, I went absolutely berserk on the force field. "Why. . .won't. . .you. . . .DIE!" I yelled at the mysterious force. Brother was just standing behind, watching, somewhat shocked. "Hmm, problem." Whatever was behind the barrier, it grabbed my face! The dirty human grabbed my face! How dare it touch the majesty of a Nergyl, I'll make sure to gut this thing, and do it while it was still alive. "Do not take it off-" it said, and I was outcold.
->When I woke, I was in a magnificent ballroom, with a chandelier and everything. Still furious over the putrid human that dared to touch me, I flailed my head, looking for him. Noticing that he wasn't where I was, so I decided to gut him later. Looking around, it seemed that there was a dance going on. Everyone around me was furry, of anthro race. "GAH!" I blurted out, the thought of furry things all around me just wanted me to kill. Growling, I tried letting out my claws, what came out were tiny, weak little claws that could only scratch a persons skin. "What?" I blurted out once more. Looking down, I was horrified. The claws, they were. . .furry, I looked at my arms, feet, and looked for a mirror. I found something just as good, a little piece of glass. "Wh-. . . . .no" I whispered to myself. I was a furry anthro thing, horror in my eyes, I flailed around, growling uncontrollably as everyone was picking their partners for the dance. Bat ears- humans suddenly touching me- this made no sense to a Nergyl of my stature. Grabbing my head and ramming into the nearest wall, I started attracting attention to myself, unintentionally. People (if you could call them that) stared at me, my head flailing around. I punched the wall until my knuckles started bleeding, and the sight of blood in the fur calmed me down. With everyones partners chosen, I saw a wolf across the room.
->"Good thing Wolves are the only things furry I can stand, I just hope it isn't a male" I said under my breath. As I calmly strolled to the wolf, wishing my eyes were there, having the constant wanting to kill everyone, or everything for that matter. With my bloodlust, I couldn't help but wonder where brother was, or what had happened to him. I actually knew he could easily handle himself, considering he didn't have half as much bloodlust for furry things as I did.
->"I am not here to dance, take a seat-" I guided the seemingly confused wolf towards a table. "Tell me," I looked over my shoulder, "are you a designated 'contestant' the hologram talked to? Answer me." I whispered to it with a gruff and furious tone. Considering that this person looked devilishly confused, I figured it would have to be another contestant.

Let's hope I was right.

-teh ednish? (intended spelling errors)

so yeah, this'll be good.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Nice entry thoad.

That....was....rad!

Exactly how I thought Nergy would react.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

my entry is incomplete, I still need to get the keys, depends if strop wants to co-operate.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Oh....
Still epic.

I bet he will cooperate...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I still need to get the keys, depends if strop wants to co-operate.

Well that's your story to tell, hehe. I'll leave it to you as to how you want to emulate my character...in the form of the wolf...(keep that difference in mind, heh).

As a creative challenge I would say this is of "nightmarish" difficulty. You've really out-done us all here Cenere! Too bad I probably wouldn't be able to do a Killua @ the Hunter examinations (Hunter x Hunter) and judo-chop everybody in the back of the head.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...So since Delairi is unconscious...She can't do anything?

You meany...you destroyed my pet...and you didn't even let me bury it!

So Charlie is now a bird....hmmm...this will be hard to animate...

kingryan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wait, I had to read the last 3 pages 3 times just to understand exactly what was going on. I had a number of questions but truth be told, I think they all got answered. Furthermore I'm going to assume that Strop cannot use, in this present form, his "summon" (moderation) powers, as the shape-change is the equivalent of being logged in as a different user :P

slliM, did you just make two consecutive references to furry pr0n and the possible creation thereof? :O

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

alright, since strop has let me take near control of his character, I'll leave it to a point where he can take off from that -clever scene transition- (random guy in backround says, "HA! Freakin' NG addict!&quot
Masquerade - pt. 2 of ???
->The wolf's eyes calmed a bit. "Good, considering your just an animal, I won't ask you any more questions, but instead pitch an Idea, considering your another contestant," I stared into the wolves eyes apathetically. "If you can speak, tell me your name, and what you were before you came. Don't tell me you were a wolf-man, because I can tell that's a fat lie. I don't know what sort of illusion this is, and I want to destroy everyone and everything in this very ballroom, but I cannot," I paused and pulled out my new paw, of which disgusted me, "I am the Nergyl Child, I pitch to you an offer, betray me, you die, disobey me, you die, worship me, you die, and I'm pretty sure you get the picture from there."
->The wolves eyes looked across the room, and whispered, "What's your offer, Nergyl?"
->"I offer an alliance, of some sort. Though I am reluctant to do so, I would need your assistance on this. I see that, besides you and I, one half of the . . . people," the thought of calling these inferior things people disgusted me, "have keys, we need as many keys as possible, we get all the keys we can, slipping them after butting into their dance, whatever. I don't care, but the point is," I pointed towards the door, "since there is only one door, it's either a battle between you and me. . " I looked around me, making sure I didn't attract any more attention than needed, "or it's one of the several people in this room, without keys."
->The wolves eyes noticed many things during the conversation, and made something of a blackboard in his head while the Nergyl was talking. Some of it made sense, and some of it seemed to have been left out. Seemingly impressed by my perception and ability to asses, he nodded.
->"So we have an understanding then?" I said, and let out my hand as an offer for a handshake.
->"Yes, I do believe we do Nergyl," the Wolf said to me.

Now who to pick first. . . .

So, there's pt. 2 ooooof. . . .I think maybe 3 or 4 parts. I await Strops reaction.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

My understanding of this tournament is that we're free to take our own artistic direction in portraying what happens...in this case I believe it's nightmarishly difficult because I have no idea how Cenere is going to manage 10 different versions. So I'll ask now- are we supposed to team up with any other player, given that thoad and I are the only ones who were left partner-less, and what's going to decide who gets eliminated and who does not?

Basically...what is the intended scope for each player in this round?

@ thoad:

alright, since strop has let me take near control of his character, I'll leave it to a point where he can take off from that -clever scene transition

If it's all the same to you, would you mind if I took your first part and went my own way the rest of the way? My version of strop loves to dance xD
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If it's all the same to you, would you mind if I took your first part and went my own way the rest of the way? My version of strop loves to dance xD

k, so long as you make Nergy puke afterwards, he hates dancing, and he loves no one in any possibly way. . .. plus, isn't strop a male? ><
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

For the duration of the Masquerade, Strop is apparently a female wolf in a form-fitting green dress.

Not very renaissance (or waltzy) if I say so myself, but eh, I know how to waltz at least >

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Nergy has dancing experience, but his dances were always lethal to some point. So long as there's blood in some fur, I'm sure he'll co operate.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

OKay, little time to answer, have not read what Thoad have written.
I think the real challenge here is to find a way to get the keys without interfering with a lot of people. Violence and such will create a fuzz, and a lot of people will notice. As the Masquerade is at least two hours long, there is sense in saying that if you randomly talk to another contestant, there should be no hard feelings if they do not portrait the conversation.
This is basically just because the next round will be filled with violence, so I had to be mean now.

About the dress, Stroppy, it has a corset, thus being more tight to the figure than modern day dresses would be.

KR, as Delairi is eliminated from the rounds, I am the one to control her actions. She will be waking up in the next round, and hopefully join forces with the rest of the prisoners. As it is now, Ezale might be the only off-round chara still controlled by her player, but Zophia and I have not had time to talk about it.

Well, let me tell you, there was an even worse ending originally, but as Zophia is the one beta reading, she told me to find another way around the problem. This is the best I can do.

Showing 856-870 of 1813