ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 376116
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ahhh. I will so enjoy this~
I hope a bunch of people join, I know we have talented artists of both the writing and drawing kind here~

The perfect reason for me to stop procrastinating the construction of a referene sheet for Hallow~

Question, Cenere. Can one person enter with more than one character?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Can one person enter with more than one character?

I think a limit on two contestants per user will be it. And then be prepared on one of them being eliminated before the advanced rounds, I guess. Depends on how well the character does, and how well they are played.
This is the main reason for pets being allowed, really.
Teams on three or less should also be acceptable, but again there will be a risk of one or two being eliminated.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

sweet! I'll post my Nergyl Child and the Fallen Child. The Nergyl legacy SHALL BE FULLFILLED!!!
P.S. I'd prefer that the Fallen Child go bye-bye in the pre-lims.
Fallen child:
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/FallenChild.jpg

And my pride and joy, the Nergyl Child:
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/Nergylchild-89.jpg
Here's another pic of him, couldn't decide which would be better:
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/NergylChild.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Now thoad, you go and fetch all the info you posted about him on Cenere's profile, and post it here, along with information about the Fallen Child.

I shall so participate in this...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

O.K. I will do that as soon as I post my animeration for your animation contest.
P.S. go pivot!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

The mayans were the first Nergyl Encounter, from what little was left of the mayans, they treated the Nergyl's like gods. Before the Nergyl's left, there was a ritual of hatred upon the mayans. The mayans turned into Half-Nergyls, and hid underground. The mayan didn't know of their powers until my Nergyl Child came along though. Half-Nergyls were treated like monsters, and were going extinct. The Nergyl brothers, the fallen (whom were the Nergyls sworn enemy, ironic eh?), were also being endagered, another name for the fallen would be the Nephillim, said to be half-angels, when they were actually half-fallen. Anyways, the Nergyl child had went clinically insane by the age of 13, and now all he wants to do is destroy the remains of both Nergyl AND humans. His first targeted country was the U.S.A. and Canada, but the U.S.A. attack was failed. Basically, he's a deadly being that wants nothing but human and Nergyl demise during the Nergyl War. The Nergyl war is a slaughter between the Fallen, Humans, and Nergyl races. The Nergyl Child comes in near the end, and destroys the Nergyl ships and Nergyl. Ironically, the Nergyl, Fallen, and Humans were the only sane creations alive, and as such, had a cycle. A human would turn into a Nergyl after the human died, the Nergyl would turn into a Fallen upon death, and the Fallen would be reborn into a Human upon it's death. Yes, I do have alot of spare time, but I want to put the Nergyls/Fallen series into action when I grow older, and hopefully make plenty of money off of.his screams are very intimidating. More terrifying than a harpy screech and a banshee wail combined!He's clinically insane, so he can't tell what's his target or not. He can't take too much of a beating though, unless he's in a 90% or more Nergyl form. He also isn't pierce or cut resistant, so he can still be cut/cut up. His sense of smell is shot, and he's nearly deaf. Fighting skills aren't too great, and likes to do street fighting and Nergyl tactics rather than anything else.
Nergyl tactics:
1.speed around the enemy, catch them in their blind spot.
2. Keep to the air, it is your friend
3. Play dirty, make sure to hit whereever it hurts.
4. Hostages are not nesesary, but a good asset.
5. Fleeing from battle is a last resort only if severly wounded.
6. Choking your enemy is always FUN.
7. Make the death as slow as possible, unless against someone who is a worthy adversary.

Those are most of the Nergyl tactics of offense. Only a certain class of Nergyl soldier knows the defense codes, and the Nergyl Child is a half-Nergyl, so even he doesn't know all the nergyl codes (8-13).

Sorry if some of it doesn't make sense, I was kinda lazy so I just copy/pasted all the info. There's alot to read, but that just shows how much I love little Nergy (cute name I just thought of, don't call him that, you will get slightly singed).

As for the Fallen Child, he has most of Nergyl Child's tactics, but he has one odd thing about him. His right arm has a retractable bone that he favors to impale with, and he lacks a tail. He has 4 spider legs protruding from his back, and he is slightly shorter than Nergy (my name for him ONLY). His legs were meant to be tentacles and a sharp blade btw. That's what his legs always are.
P.S. his left arm is completely made of tentacles, and normally strangles his victims from medium distance with them.
~thoad

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Nergy... *chuckles*

Somehow I feel Cenere will nerf them due to lack of weaknesses - but we'll see.
I shall get started on a reference tomorrow~ :3

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,well I usually don't do role playing type stuff,but since this is based on art I decided that I wanted to throw in my Sasquatch.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Sasquatch-1.jpg

I will give some info when I have the time.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yeah, but their weaknesses are BIG ones. I literally mean that Nergy will attack EVERYTHING he hears, see's, smells. Even a tree blowing in the wind, he'll attack that. The fallen child AND Nergy can only take around as much a wallop as a normal human. Unless Nergy goes beserk, then he can take about as much as a Nergyl Defense unit. . .but here's another bad part about beserkness, well, it almost always makes him crash. Like after a sugar rush, it's like that kinda crash, only 1k times worse. He can barely breathe after he goes beserk. . .but he can normally destroy a tank with now sweat during beserkness. The Fallen child has all of the Nergyl childs weaknesses, except for the insane part. However, the fallen child is slow, unless suspended in air. Even though his spider legs are eaisily knocked over, just a simple kick to 2 of his legs will make him fall over. =P

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

The timing of all of this is extremely inconvenient. I would love to enter, but I'm leaving for a few days. I will probably be able to get on AG though, so I may enter this.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I might enter.

I'm working on an epic new stick in pivot.

His name is.... dumpd dah dooo deeeeee!

Phil.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh, this is genius.

I'm so in. I will make a drawing of strop in the AG town and write up an appropriate sheet. One week, eh? I'll do it.

Crimsonblade: bahahahaha, flaming bell pepper bomb.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

flaming bell pepper bomb.

As far as you know.It's a magic flying bell pepper bomb that just happens to be on fire and can clone it self automatically.(exaggeration is fun isn't it?)
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Contestants so far:
Zophia
Thoadthetoad - Fallen Child & Nergyl Child
Crimsonblade55 - Sasquatch
Xzeno (?)
slliM - Phil
Strop - Strop

A little side information. After writing your introductions, and you have gotten your character into place, the rounds will go like this:
I write a small introduction to the next round, containing a little information about your surroundings, and what else to be mentioned, and then post a single challenge in your messenger. Let it be a creature you meet (I wil do pictures of such things), a trap you encounter or any clues you might find.
This should be includes in your entry.
Then you should draw or write the actions of your character. Comics and longer stories should be the goal.

Each round will probably last for two weeks, to give you and myself the time to make the story, but if it is requested, the rounds will be shortened.

And once again, if you want to join, but have not got the time in this week, then say you will join, and hurry up making a character sheet.
Now, go spread the word. *looking tired*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, should probably add this:

*Remember, there are other ways of winning, than fighting and ripping off limbs. Being sneaky and creative is rather important too.
*Out of Character knowledge will result in a penality in the next round. (OOC being when your character knows stuff he or she should not.)
*Not all you encounter will be enemies. Some might give you a clue to what the reason for your arrival might be, or give you advice. Once again, OOC is not allowed (knowing stuff other characters than you know.)

I will try my best to be a good Judge, as well as GM and hopefully we will get through this together. Oh, and I will try not to kill your charcters, though the Nergyl Child might do that for me.
Oh, and about a prize.... We might/might not get one. Depends on the quality of the story, and if Strop will help with a merit.

Showing 1-15 of 1813